What pick @ #10 would upset you most? (1 Viewer)

What pick @ #10 would upset you the most?

• DRC

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • McKelvin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Albert

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Rivers

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Jenkins

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Balmer

Votes: 109 37.5%
  • Mendenhall

Votes: 93 32.0%
  • Clady

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Talib

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • trade down.....

Votes: 11 3.8%

• Total voters
I chose Jenkins but Balmer also would be a HUGE reach at 10 just because its a need. Jenkins would be a big reach and not that big a need.

When did cornerback become "not that big a need?"

Any offensive skill player would disappoint me, as would Balmer. I'm so relieved that the Desean Jackson talk has all but died.

Clady is a tackle who apparently can't even prepare for the wonderlic well enough to score what an average person (not even an average college grad) would score if they took it cold. Seriously, I would not take a tackle who got a 13 on that test at #10. It would infuriate me if we took Clady unless the coaches made a pretty good case that he's not a moron.

I could be severely mistaken here but didnt Brown score a 6 or 8 on the wonderlic?

edit....my mistake Brown scored a 12

Also anything on the offensive side of the ball would disappoint me but rb the most, so gun to head Im picking mendenhall

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, I love the guys game, but if I heard these words announced by Mr. Commish Roger Goodell, I'll eat my own face!

"With the 10th pick in the 2008 draft, the New Orleans Saints select, form Perdue... Dustin Keller"

I could be severely mistaken here but didnt Brown score a 6 or 8 on the wonderlic?

edit....my mistake Brown scored a 12

Also anything on the offensive side of the ball would disappoint me but rb the most, so gun to head Im picking mendenhall

I never knew that about Brown, that is interesting. I looked it up and he did score a 12 on the test. A little more digging and it turns out he has some kind of reading disability or something, but that does provide a strong counterargument against my earlier post. I just can't see how one could have that much trouble with the test and still be able to learn an NFL offense and make excellent football decisions without some extreme and unusual circumstances. You do have to be somewhat literate to understand football Xs and Os, don't you? I could see getting by in college with physical gifts (and academic "gifts" in the form of grades not really earned, which we all know is not unheard-of) but in the NFL, you do have to have some book smarts.

I definitely think Brown is in the minority of offensive tackles who can score a 12 on the wonderlic and still play at a pro bowl level in the league (when healthy).

Only reason Browns score stuck out in my head is that when I heard I looked up a practice wonderlic to see how hard it was.

Yea you would think he would have some trouble picking up plays but maybe a reading disorder isnt as big of a deal as being dumb as a bag of noodles. Then again maybe when they are in the huddle Brees has to point at the guy Brown is supposed to hit, as long as he hits him hard who cares. I know most people dont look at the wonderlic scores as a big deal but to me intelligence is a big part of the game, and that is the only measure of it other than interviews during the draft process so I try to check it out each year.

Sorta reminds me of my 1st day of HS football. I'd never really played organized football.

I was a middle of the season transfer to JFK and my 1st practice, 1st play, they put me @ RT against the 1st team D. Naturally, got my head handed to me, and the back killed. The OL coach is screaming at me about what to do on a 34 BOP (or similar play). When he stopped yelling, or started his coronary, I forget which ;) , I asked, "What's a 34 BOP?"

Needless to say, 5 minutes later, everybody on the field was still laffin'. Coach Lavin put together one of his more memorable 375 word cuss-words.

When coach could finally breathe, he said, "Ok son, gonna make this easy for ya. Odd # holes are to the left of the center, evens to the right. If the play is inside you, kick your man outside. Outside, kick him inside. Your man is the one over you, if no one over you just hit anybody in a different color jersey. If it's a pass, keep your big a$$ between him and the QB. If all else fails, fall on someone with a diff color jersey."

Scout team D was even easier, it went something like this, "Sumbeeeech shi### son, just tackle the guy with the ball!"

Wonderlic? WONDERLIC??? We didn't need no steenkin' wonderlic. ;)

I voted Talib. I was high on him, until I read in this mornings paper that many of the NFL teams have dropped him from their board due to at least three marijuana charges in college. We don't need that on this team. The article was in the Biloxi Sun Herald.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom