what player do you wish the saints would of picked (1 Viewer)

I would've traded our pick with the Jets for D'Brick and Mangold. I was always looking to trade down, and had no interest in Faine as a FA. Faine's injury record and many accounts of him being blown up in Cleveland scared me off. The health of Brees and our shakey OL were on my mind leading up to the draft. Depending on other offers, I was leaning towards Hawk.

I'm sure that Reggie will be a fine contributor, but I never bought into all that, " When you have the chance at a once in a generation talent, you draft him." I had always pegged him as a Westbrook, and would humbly settle for that.

I'd rather ask this years draft and who would I pick at 27. My answer then was Ben Grubbs and it still would be

If Reggie is used in the right situations he is great.....Hester in Chicago etc... I would consider Reggie's 1st year pretty dang good...and his second year the coaching staff was worried more about using him on every play than the overall game plan.....I think he has another great year coming up if the coaches use him the right way.

Reggie.

Admittedly, Vince Young because of position would command greater trade value today. But Reggie gave this franchise a public face. Reggie helped the Saints sell out season tickets and put energy into the franchise in 2006.

And Reggie as a rookie was the offensive weapon teams game-planned against in 2006.

Reggie needs a healthy Deuce. But Deuce and Reggie together make for a great offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom