what player do you wish the saints would of picked (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
instead of reggie or you still wish the saints picked reggie?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad teh Saints drafted teh running back that is teh Reggie Bush from teh California college.

AJ Hawk.

100% hindsight, but I think if we had drafted AJ, our defense would have been much better, and our offense still would have been very good.

But its close. I'm not unhappy with Reggie, but I think AJ would have helped us more as a team.

I don't think any other player in the 2006 draft would have helped us reach the NFC Championship more then Reggie Bush. Maybe Devin Hester? Given that, I would choose Reggie all over again.

i have to agree with bowlb4idie. not drafting Reggie would have been ridiculous. He was a huge part of our season last year. Once we decide on an every down back who we can run up the middle, and Reggie heals up, he will be back making spectacular plays. Payton will be able to get creative again using Reggie as he should. Hes focusing on gaining more weight this offseason, and is working out with Westbrook. people need to chill out. We need to be discussing why we drafted a wide receiver who never played, and make sure not to repeat that mistake this offseason. With that said, i do think this is the offseason that we finally land a big free agent for our poor defense.

Aj Hawk easily, i wanted him and was ****** when we took reggie, and we could have gotten maurice jones drew in round 2

I watch lots of football, enough to know not to buy into the hype. AJ's a good player, no doubt about that, but he's not worth a top-5 pick. He's not a top-5 LB, or even OLB in this league, Demeco IS. In fact, he wasn't even the best OLB drafted in the 1st round that year. Obviously time will tell, but Chad Greenway was fantastic this year.

i'd still pick reggie. the hype of reggie coming to new orleans kept this team in new orleans atleast for a couple more years. once he was drafted the dome sold out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom