What position should the Saints prioritize next? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I gotta go with Defensive line. We've probably seen the last of Marcus Davenport even though I'm hoping they could at least work out a 1 year deal because he's shown flashes of brilliance when healthy. He just doesn't stay healthy!!!. There's also a glaring hole at the Defensive Tackle position. I'm hearing bring back Sheldon Rankins talk which I'm fine with that but we need a Vita Vea type player than can play the run. That was sorely missing last season.

DE/DT
RB
OL
Bring in a vet WR
Bring in a vet TE
Bring back Ellis for LB or bring in a great LB (some great ones out there)
Bring some competition at Kicker so Will Lutz can get himself together

I know the Saints have needs on both the O-line and D-line, but I kinda wouldn't mind the Saints going WR, TE, and RB in the first 3 rounds. As long as the defense doesn't take a step back I have confidence that DA can manufacture a good defense like Payton did with the offense if they have an offense that can put up points. And, it's a lot more fun to watch.

The real question is what do they do with the X WR position? If MT is healthy then we're only looking at a 4th string WR. But if he's not, then the offense will be really hampered without a good X like last year. I think you have to plan on MT not being healthy and take a WR high or get one in FA, right?

1) DT
Would like to see Omenyata back and preferably Malcom Brown, along with a draft pick.
2) DE
A young pass rusher in the draft
3) RB
Would love to get 2 young guys in the draft along with a solid Veteran
4) OG
Would love to get another (Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans) an OT in college that’s strong and athletic that can move down and dominate at OG
5) TE
We re-signed JJ which is great but Trautman hasn’t been very good. There are some very good TE’s in this draft and we need one. I like the kid from Iowa or Washington from Georgia

1) DT
Would like to see Omenyata back and preferably Malcom Brown, along with a draft pick.
2) DE
3) RB
4) OG
Would love to get another (Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans) an OT in college that’s strong and athletic that can move down and dominate at OG
5) TE
We re-signed JJ which is great but Trautman hasn’t been very good. There are some very good TE’s in this draft and we need one. I like the kid from Iowa or Washington from Georgia
Good list and I hope the Saints can fill each of the priorities between FA and the draft. Important also that we tie up MT as that in and of itself will make the offense more dangerous!
This year I just don’t want to see us lose valuable choices by trading up for some must have DL. Please let the draft come to them!

1) DT
2) DE
3) RB
4) OG
5) TE

I'd downgrade DE to more of a luxury. We have 4, Jordan, Granderson, Kpass, and Turner. Wouldn't hurt to get another one to start bringing along but we might only keep 4 on the depth chart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom