What radical offseason moves can we make for our Defense? (1 Viewer)

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Just like the title says, what are some crazy moves we could make to improve our defense for next year?

And I mean radical. Try not to flame. I just want to know what our options could be, even if you don't think we should actually do it. Anything short of "trading brees" or something silly like that. Ya know, cut some big money players, make some crazy trades. Etc.

Coaches and players included

Sorry to beat a dead horse...but commiting to the run game on offense would be a radical move the would remove a TON of pressure from the defense. That plus a secondary and a pass rusher and a playmaking LB and we're set!! Lol

Just like the title says, what are some crazy moves we could make to improve our defense for next year?

And I mean radical. Try not to flame. I just want to know what our options could be, even if you don't think we should actually do it. Anything short of "trading brees" or something silly like that. Ya know, cut some big money players, make some crazy trades. Etc.

Coaches and players included

Total or partial rebuild.

Thats radical.

The needs to get one play maker at each level of the defense a stud def linemen, linebacker and secondary. We have no play makers on the defensive side. We as fans fall in love with our local team players for example we have overrated Will Smith who doesn't have to be doubled to contain him. Sedrick Ellis isn't good against the run. And a secondary who can not cover anyone.

sorry i was giving spags a chance until last night. that sealed the deal for me. no team in NFL history ever has allowed 400+ yards in 7 consecutive games.

I guess its easier to can coaches rather than players because of salary cap hits. After 3 DCs in the Payton era our defense still stinks.

Replace Spags at DC with one of these guys...

Winston Moss _ Asst. HC/ILB Coach, Packers

Kevin Greene - OLB Coach, Packers

Kirby Smart - DC, Alabama Crimson Tide

Switch to the 3-4.

Cut or not resign smith Ellis shanle Vilma harper Jenkins and replace each one with a younger more athletic body. I dont care if they are rookie free agents. These guys are too stuck in Williams scheme to succeed in spag's. We need new players who are athletic and dont have any bad habits.

Re-sign Jabari Greer.

Clear as much cap space as possible. Either re-negotiate contracts or release players on that side of the ball.

Then wipe the depth chart slate clean and let them ALL compete for starting roster spots during training camp.

As far as i am concerned, everyone on that side the ball is expendable other than Greer. Doesnt mean i want them to CUT everyone, but if it makes sense to move them, then move them.

Re-sign Jabari Greer.

Clear as much cap space as possible. Either re-negotiate contracts or release players on that side of the ball.

Then wipe the depth chart slate clean and let them ALL compete for starting roster spots during training camp.

As far as i am concerned, everyone on that side the ball is expendable other than Greer. Doesnt mean i want them to CUT everyone, but if it makes sense to move them, then move them.

Close but no, I keep Cam J., M Wilson, and a few others.

Plus I dont think we will see such a massive wipe, although I am for it to a point.

I think we need to bring in more competition.

Does the team even have the time for a rebuild from the ground up? Drew will be 34 by next season.

I wonder if Glenn Dorsey could revive his career in our version of the 4-3. May be able to get him for cheap if KC lets him walk.

Close but no, I keep Cam J., M Wilson, and a few others.

Plus I dont think we will see such a massive wipe, although I am for it to a point.

I think we need to bring in more competition.

I made it clear, doesnt mean i want them to cut everyone. But if someone has a bad salary that is hindering us or someone is willing to overpay for their services, via free agency(ie tracy porter) then let them walk.

And i said wipe the DEPTH CHART clean, not the roster. I just mean that no one enters training camp a starter.

Jabari Greer is the only one that is coming up with an expiring contract that we MUST keep around.

I wonder if Glenn Dorsey could revive his career in our version of the 4-3. May be able to get him for cheap if KC lets him walk.

This is exactly what they don't need. They need to get younger not take a washed up player and hope he turns his career around. It has only worked once for them, sharper and that was for one season. The rest of the vets this team has picked up have been busts.

I guess its easier to can coaches rather than players because of salary cap hits. After 3 DCs in the Payton era our defense still stinks.
Exactly.

It's not just a simple matter of the coach. It's also lack of talent. I think it's also that we hire these SC's but they apparently can not clean house and build their own staff and have to take the holdover position coaches designated by Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom