What really eats me up losing to Baltimore (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They got some serious gifts in that game. You have sports shows and writers talking about how great their offense was, and how well their QB played. They did well enough but they seem to be acting like they were the next NFL dynasty. We had more to do with the outcome of that game with our gifts than they did with any superior play.

On the flip side if we had won in similar fashion I'd be happy but I would hope that our players didn't get too big headed about it. I hope they lose the rest of the way out.

Right now I dislike Baltimore more than the Falcons.

Sure that will change with Time but this week I am CINNCY fan!

Except for when they play the Falcons though right?

Yeah... except when they play the Falcons... that'd put them 3-1 vs. NFC South though. No telling what kind of crud they would be yacking about that though considering the division's dominance in NFC championship games.

I've been pulling for Cincy quite a bit. They took care of Carolina, helped the Bucs and will hopefully crap on the Ravens before falling to US

I have to agree, on Brees touchdown pass to Horn letter in the 2nd, it was a good drive and showed that our offense can compete, but we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot....but thats television, its based on the outcome of the game, not the what ifs, but an analyst like Jaws would say the same things we are saying, we shot ourselves in the foot....baltimores good, but we helped them win that game.

It is amusing that we outgained their offense and if not for their DEFENSE scoring touchdowns off two bad INTs, they would have LOST the game. Bizarrely, all the no-nothing pundits are saying how brilliant Billic's play calling, etc. was and how their revamped offense won the gamje.
Hello? McFly? Their defense won the game off of our mistakes, not their offense. I don't think most of these sports commentators even watch the games. If they do, they certainly aren't paying attenetion.

I watched the game...we got beat...we werent ready to play, they were. Period.

If If If If If If...so Haslett/Venturi esque...

"If you take away those 65 yd and 43 yd runs away from that team, they only wouldve had 50 yds rushing"---Jim Haslett or Rick Venturi after every game the last 2 seasons.

Like Jon Gruden said in his conference call yesterday...Only losers use excuses like that. I agree.

Don't go blaming too much of it on luck. That's a very well coached defense with a lot of good athletes that brings a lot of pressure, not just on the QB but on stopping the run and attacking the short game.

IMO both INT returns for touchdowns were from excellent pressure defense that we just can't play. Yes, the ball bounced off Stecker, but they already had a DB in our backfield on the screen ready to blow up the play. On the second one, it was that or a safety, and Brees made the lesser of two bad choices. They did what they needed to do to get up 21-7 (I did shake my head over the almost-INT by Fujita), and then made sure they closed the door in the second half. They were all over our receivers, and were willing to risk the big play to prevent our ball control from taking over, and it worked.

Me, I'd prefer to think that we got beat by a good team playing its best in a must-win game after two-game losing streak, which is what I think happened. And their DC, one of Buddy Ryan's sons (the other is the Raiders' DC), can coach my team's defense any time. They were prepared, they were original (all the pressure from one side, a la the 46 defense, and the one-man rush at the goal line), and they made plays. Hats off.

We didn't give them those interceptions, their defense caused those turnovers. The fumble by Bush was caused by their defense getting penetration. You can say the first int bounced off stecker's face but their defensive player was in position to take it out the air and bring it to the house. The second int was caused by pressure on Brees and then once again their defender was in position to make the play and take it the house. We can't keep saying we gave them the game because their defense caused those turnovers. They have a great defense.

We didn't give them those interceptions, their defense caused those turnovers. The fumble by Bush was caused by their defense getting penetration. You can say the first int bounced off stecker's face but their defensive player was in position to take it out the air and bring it to the house. The second int was caused by pressure on Brees and then once again their defender was in position to make the play and take it the house. We can't keep saying we gave them the game because their defense caused those turnovers. They have a great defense.

I agree but if you wanna make the case that we gave them something, it was at least 100 yds on stupid penalties. That's something you should nNEVER do especially at home. Their defense is FEROCIOUS.

I agree but if you wanna make the case that we gave them something, it was at least 100 yds on stupid penalties. That's something you should nNEVER do especially at home. Their defense is FEROCIOUS.

Can't argue with that. Against a defense like Baltimore you better not make mental mistakes like pre-snap penalties. Once you start getting into 1st and 15 and 3rd and long situations against them you are fighting a losing battle.

I don't think most of these sports commentators even watch the games
You're right. They couldn't possibly. Regardless of their intentions whether good or bad, if you think about it, it's impossible to digest all 4 quarters of every game week in/week out. Easier said than done but that's why we shouldn't really take to heart most of what they say. It's really not that much different than sitting around with your friends with DirectV NFL Season Pass or whatever and only getting the highlights of every game and then commenting on it. Difference is you're not sitting in a studio making big bucks with millions of people listening to what you have to say; but in the end, it all means the same. Nothing. That's why they play the games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom