What Rock Concert Moment Would You Liked To Have Experienced? (2 Viewers)

I've told this story before, but will repeat it here. I'm jealous of my brother in law. He's 81 years old now and still around. He's a retired geophysicist from NASA. He was part of the dept that mapped the ocean floors for the Apollo 11 moon landing. He's originally from Bethel NY. His father and Max Yagur were close friends. He took a vacation after the mission and visited his parents. He walked 10 miles and saw the entire Woodstock concert in person.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had some of the best times “socializing” at dumps like Scandals in Ocean City. Nothing wrong with being a dump!
I've never been there (I haven't been to OC since sometime in the '80s) but everyone always talks about it and I can never remember the name. I always think it's "Secrets".

I've never been there (I haven't been to OC since sometime in the '80s) but everyone always talks about it and I can never remember the name. I always think it's "Secrets".
That's it. Seacrets is not really a dump per se, but it's as sleazy as a bar can be. Go there and you'll have a horde of guidos (not our guido, the NJ/NY types :)) hitting on you within 5 mins.

Queensryche, Operation Mind Crime. I saw the DVD and it was good. I have heard the show was fantastic live

I've told this story before, but will repeat it here. I'm jealous of my brother in law. He's 81 years old now and still around. He's a retired geophysicist from NASA. He was part of the dept that mapped the ocean floors for the Apollo 11 moon landing. He's originally from Bethel NY. His father and Max Yagur were close friends. He took a vacation after the mission and visited his parents. He walked 10 miles and saw the entire Woodstock concert in person.

That is incredible....

... after the Woodstock concert concluded he started his 10 mile walk home and on the side of the road was a touring bus with a flat tire. He offers to help and lo and behold, out of the bus pops Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Joe Cocker, Grace Slick, Roger Daltrey, Janis Joplin and Sly Stone. Apparently, this bus was their quickest way out of the massive congestion to the airport so they grouped up. The aforementioned NASA brother-in-law then smoked some doobies with the gang as he changed the tire on the bus. He then hitched a ride with the group and may have had a short tryst with Gracie on the way, but he's not sure. He was really, really stoned at that point.

The remaining members of this memorable encounter still keep in touch by email.

I love Rock concerts.

Sex Pistols 1978 show at "Randy's Rodeo" in San Antonio, Tx

The infamous show where Sid Vicious allegedly smashed one of the spectators with his bass. It was later confirmed that he never made contact with the spectator because his bass hit a roadie in the shoulder first.

I just cannot imagine the scene of the Pistols playing some mid-sized music venue in San Antonio in 1978. It was one of the last shows they ever played before an eventual reunion in the mid 90's (1996 I believe).

I seen the Sex Pistols play, well, whatever was left of them at Inland Invasion 2. Not the most iconic setting, but it definitely was a must see event.

" 2002 KROQ/Levi’s Inland Invasion 2 concert at the Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavillion in Southern California. This all star show featured the Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, Damned, Bad Religion, Offspring, Vandals, Blink 182, X, TSOL, Adolescents, Pennywise, New Found Ghost, Distillers, Social Distortion, Circle Jerks, and more."

I wish I seen Nirvana play live. Remember my friends won the lottery to buy a ticket when they were in town. At the time, it was no big deal missing the event, since there was so many other bands to see, and I figured there would always be a next time or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom