What Rock Concert Moment Would You Liked To Have Experienced? (1 Viewer)

Beatles at City Park, 1964... i actually have a framed enlarged copy of the ticket from that day, and at one point a couple years ago i lived exactly 0.9 miles from the exact spot where they performed that day.. i used to daydream about being able to hear them from my house, then wandering down and entering the concert.. of course, I wasnt born yet when it actually occurred.

A close second would be Frampton in ‘76.. i have an older friend who actually saw him on that tour, and whenever i see her i ask her again to tell me all about it.

Beatles at City Park, 1964... i actually have a framed enlarged copy of the ticket from that day, and at one point a couple years ago i lived exactly 0.9 miles from the exact spot where they performed that day.. i used to daydream about being able to hear them from my house, then wandering down and entering the concert.. of course, I wasnt born yet when it actually occurred.

A close second would be Frampton in ‘76.. i have an older friend who actually saw him on that tour, and whenever i see her i ask her again to tell me all about it.

That's a cool story. I know what you mean about visualization,

I used to visualize seeing Bon Scott in concert before he died in 1980. I saw them in 1982 but it wasn't the same

Probably either Zeppelin (I'd go with Song Remains the Same tour, '73) or Pink Floyd Animals tour.

I've seen hundreds of shows, a good many of my heroes and favorite bands. I saw Floyd Division Bell tour twice, but that's just not the same. And of course I never really had the opportunity to see Zeppelin.

As big of a Beatles fan as I am, I don't put them on my list because just don't think their concerts were that great from a music standpoint - obviously just seeing them live is amazing. But the stage production quality at that time was weak at best, and the girls were screaming so loud you couldn't hear anything anyway.

Sex Pistols 1978 show at "Randy's Rodeo" in San Antonio, Tx

The infamous show where Sid Vicious allegedly smashed one of the spectators with his bass. It was later confirmed that he never made contact with the spectator because his bass hit a roadie in the shoulder first.

I just cannot imagine the scene of the Pistols playing some mid-sized music venue in San Antonio in 1978. It was one of the last shows they ever played before an eventual reunion in the mid 90's (1996 I believe).

Oh I never got to see the Ramones either, but I did get to see the Damned which was one of my top 5 shows I ever saw.

Sex Pistols 1978 show at "Randy's Rodeo" in San Antonio, Tx

The infamous show where Sid Vicious allegedly smashed one of the spectators with his bass. It was later confirmed that he never made contact with the spectator because his bass hit a roadie in the shoulder first.

I just cannot imagine the scene of the Pistols playing some mid-sized music venue in San Antonio in 1978. It was one of the last shows they ever played before an eventual reunion in the mid 90's (1996 I believe).
Yep.. not great musicians but the whole event 'experience' would have been a once in a lifetime experience for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom