What Rock Concert Moment Would You Liked To Have Experienced? (1 Viewer)

Yep.. not great musicians but the whole event 'experience' would have been a once in a lifetime experience for sure.

Steve Jones is a very, very solid guitar player. He even adapted his playing style to cover the fact that Sid's bass was "unplugged" more often than not. Paul Cook is a decent enough drummer. John Lydon was quite the front man. Bumping Glen Matlock in favor of Sid Vicious was just a horrible mistake.

As big of a Beatles fan as I am, I don't put them on my list because just don't think their concerts were that great from a music standpoint - obviously just seeing them live is amazing. But the stage production quality at that time was weak at best, and the girls were screaming so loud you couldn't hear anything anyway.

I get that, i mean my very first album (vinyl) at 7 years old was Beatles Live at Shea Stadium, you couldn’t hear a damn note of music on that entire album over the screaming girls- but i think it was the screaming girls more than the music itself that actually made me pickup the guitar a couple years later. :hihi:

So yeah, it’s definitely still at the top of my list.

day of rock and roll in superdome with reo, heart, ted nugent

and i was there lol

I was there also, Heart was by far the best, tightest band out there....Nancy Wilson in GI pants was sexy as all get out....and man she could play...I thought Nugent sucked, his sound engineer was awful....

I had tickets to see them in the Super dome. Unfortunately, Robert Plant's son tragically passed away during that tour and they cancelled
the rest of the tour.

I was in the same boat....To answer the OP's question, would love to have seen Pink Floyd from 1973 - 77.....or to be in that small British pub when Jimi first started his own band....that would have been cool....and you may have bumped into a Beatle or Eric Clapton....

I would have most liked to have experienced seeing Tool in April, but COVID-19 got in the way. I was going to take my daughter.

Historically... Led Zeppelin, even though I wasn't born or old enough.

Alice in Chains with Layne would have been great.

I think something like a big spectacle like Michael Jackson would have been amazing.

I had tickets to Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine. The show got cancelled when one of the Beastie Boys broke his arm riding a bike. That one would have been a good show! I would have loved to see Led Zeppelin in their prime if I could go back in time.

The Rolling Stones, Madison Square Garden 1969

The opening band was Ike and Tina Turner with Janis Joplin making a surprise appearance with them on stage

I'm jealous of my brother in law. He's a retired Geophysicist from NASA. He's the most ultimate egghead you'll ever know. He was
in the control room when Apollo 11 returned to earth. His dept was responsible for mapping the oceans and finding a safe place for
the returning capsule to land. After the landing, he took a long vacation. He returned to his parents house in NY which was 10 miles
from Woodstock. He walked to the concert. His father and Max Yasgur were close friends. I don't often come among a thread where
I can give personal knowledge, but this is one. He saw Hendrix play the star spangled banner in person, I would give up a lot to
have seen it too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom