What Rock Concert Moment Would You Liked To Have Experienced? (1 Viewer)

Back stage with Mötley Crüe .

"Silly SS, you have been backstage with Mötley Crüe "

Never mind.

Too young to have ever seen Zeppelin, but my step mom saw them in 72 and said it was the best concert she ever saw. I had fifth row seats to Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes back in 2000, but the show was cancelled and never rescheduled after Jimmy hurt his back. That would have been a killer show.

Queen in Bangladesh
Live Aid
U2 at Red Rock(already been mentioned)

SRV and Double Trouble on River Boat President late 80s

I saw SRV on the President I think in the mid-80's....he wasn't huge yet and there weren't a ton of people, in fact my friend (who urged me to call in sick to work to go) and I got to talk to him for a bit...I had never heard of him, but when he started playing my jaw was on the floor....

I was in the same boat....To answer the OP's question, would love to have seen Pink Floyd from 1973 - 77.....or to be in that small British pub when Jimi first started his own band....that would have been cool....and you may have bumped into a Beatle or Eric Clapton....

The story goes the first time McCartney and Clapton heard Hendrix play, Paul turned towards Eric and said. " We have a lot to learn"

I saw SRV on the President I think in the mid-80's....he wasn't huge yet and there weren't a ton of people, in fact my friend (who urged me to call in sick to work to go) and I got to talk to him for a bit...I had never heard of him, but when he started playing my jaw was on the floor....

This came across my suggested videos a few days ago. This was recorded in 83 before SRV hit the big time. Albert King knew then he was a genius.

First time together, battle of the Titans at their peak. Dave Mustaine was finally clean for a stretch so his head was on straight.

I didn't realize they actually both played together. The only one I remember where they played in the same venue is the "Am I Evil" performance with Anthrax and Pantera (iirc).

Mustaine leaving Metallica gave us Megadeth so it wasn't all bad.

I didn't realize they actually both played together. The only one I remember where they played in the same venue is the "Am I Evil" performance with Anthrax and Pantera (iirc).

Mustaine leaving Metallica gave us Megadeth so it wasn't all bad.
Right, got two amazing bands. Yeah that 1993 show was really the "let's see who top dog is". I want to say they did a few shows too. The Megadeth Behind the Music goes into depth. Megadeth members were saying Dave would sit and stare while Metallica was on stage, like that shoulda been me.

Probably either Zeppelin (I'd go with Song Remains the Same tour, '73) or Pink Floyd Animals tour.

I've seen hundreds of shows, a good many of my heroes and favorite bands. I saw Floyd Division Bell tour twice, but that's just not the same. And of course I never really had the opportunity to see Zeppelin.
We had plans (and tickets) to see Zeppelin at the Superdome for their July 1977 concert in New Orleans.
The group had already made it to New Orleans in preparation for that show when Robert Plant received the news that his 5 year old son Karac had died. Their previous show in Oakland turned out to be their final live concert in the U.S. That '77 tour was truly the height of their popularity. It was also Led Zeppelin's biggest ever tour, with tickets selling at an incredible rate of 72,000 a day!

I had a cousin who managed to sneak onto the hotel floor where the band was staying and even managed to get a photo of him and Robert Plant together in the hallway. Plant looked a little wasted but had a wry smile as if to say that fans do that kind of thing all the time. Of course I was green with envy and angry with myself for not taking my cousin up on his offer to take me along with him that afternoon.

However I was also crushed at the news about the death of Plant's son and the feeling that I had missed the chance to be part of that music experience. When John Bonham died in September 1980, it was the end of an era for me with the realization that I had missed out on one of the biggest bucket list items in my life. Later on December 8th at the Dakota Apartments in New York City, 1980 officially became the year that 'the music died' for me. It made me realize why Don McLean wrote his iconic American Pie.

So yeah, you know where I would want to be and who I would want to see.

Last edited:
Right, got two amazing bands. Yeah that 1993 show was really the "let's see who top dog is". I want to say they did a few shows too. The Megadeth Behind the Music goes into depth. Megadeth members were saying Dave would sit and stare while Metallica was on stage, like that shoulda been me.

I haven't seen that. I've seen the Metallica documentaries and enjoyed them. Gonna have to look that up.

I regret not seeing Pink Floyd, Tom Petty and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Like Bill mentioned, I had tickets for Led Zep in NOLA, as well. So, add Led Zep to the list.

I regret not seeing Pink Floyd, Tom Petty and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Like Bill mentioned, I had tickets for Led Zep in NOLA, as well. So, add Led Zep to the list.

I could have gone to see Heart live, but for some stupid reason I got grounded. :rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom