What’s the best acdc tune of all time (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Acdc is one of the greatest bands of all time after Skynyrd and Styx. This can be debated ad nauseum. But what is their greatest song. For me this... it's a long way to the top of you want to rock and roll. Bryan Johnson is really good but he is no bon Scott. Im going to try and post a poll but I really don't know how to do it. If it doesn't work then just write in your answers.

Acdc is one of the greatest bands of all time after Skynyrd and Styx. This can be debated ad nauseum. But what is their greatest song. For me this... it's a long way to the top of you want to rock and roll. Bryan Johnson is really good but he is no bon Scott. Im going to try and post a poll but I really don't know how to do it. If it doesn't work then just write in your answers.
Ok. It didn't work

Damn, beat me to it.

As for songs, I dunno, Thunderstruck is about the only one I can stomach.

I have been on a music feast today. This music we have today sucks so much. It's all about gangster crap. Man. I miss the days of Skynyrd and Styx and bad company. The eagles. Loverboy. Bon Jovi. Skid row. Poison. Zz top. Foreigner. Reo Speedwagon. Little River band. Guns n roses. Motley Crue. Sabbath. Dio. Ozzy. Can Halen....not van Hagar. Billy squire. The mammas and the Pappas. The beach boys. Journey. Whitesnake. Great white. Jim Hendricks. Janice Joplin. Ccr. Chicago. Supertramp. Fleetwood Mac. Heart. Bangles. Elton John. Silver. Elo. Man there was so much great music out there. Todays music sucks. You think about it. Acdc. Scorpions. Blue oyster cult. Blondie. Joan Jett. Huey Lewis and the news. I could go on and on about the old music. What does todays music have to offer. It's all about sex drugs killing and anything else that is immoral. If God was standing next to you while you were listening to that crap what would he say to you. [MOD Edit: Removed Political Commentary] They are against God. [MOD Edit: Removed Political Commentary] This is totally against God's word and people will be judged for this. [MOD Edit: Removed Political Commentary] Anyway this music today sux.

[Moderator Note: Politics on the EE :nono: Let's refrain from bringing politics into a discussion on music and/or AC/DC. Thanks. Saint_Ward ]

Last edited by a moderator:
What does todays music have to offer. It's all about sex drugs killing and anything else that is immoral. If God was standing next to you while you were listening to that crap what would he say to you....... [Mod Edit: removed the political stuff]

And, there it is...

I have been on a music feast today. This music we have today sucks so much. It's all about gangster crap. Man. I miss the days of Skynyrd and Styx and bad company. The eagles. Loverboy. Bon Jovi. Skid row. Poison. Zz top. Foreigner. Reo Speedwagon. Little River band. Guns n roses. Motley Crue. Sabbath. Dio. Ozzy. Can Halen....not van Hagar. Billy squire. The mammas and the Pappas. The beach boys. Journey. Whitesnake. Great white. Jim Hendricks. Janice Joplin. Ccr. Chicago. Supertramp. Fleetwood Mac. Heart. Bangles. Elton John. Silver. Elo. Man there was so much great music out there. Todays music sucks. You think about it. Acdc. Scorpions. Blue oyster cult. Blondie. Joan Jett. Huey Lewis and the news. I could go on and on about the old music. What does todays music have to offer. It's all about sex drugs killing and anything else that is immoral. If God was standing next to you while you were listening to that crap what would he say to you. They are against God. This is totally against God's word and people will be judged for this. Y Anyway this music today sux.
What if God likes Hank Williams Sr?

Hell's Bells. Period. End of thread. Y'all go right on home now, hear?? :hihi:

Yup, nothing like AC/DC, Judas Priest, UFO, The Outlaws.

But damn, Hollis Brown and Prima Donna aren't bad.

Grand Funk Railroad, Humble Pie...More cowbell!!

I have been on a music feast today. This music we have today sucks so much. It's all about gangster crap. Man. I miss the days of Skynyrd and Styx and bad company. The eagles. Loverboy. Bon Jovi. Skid row. Poison. Zz top. Foreigner. Reo Speedwagon. Little River band. Guns n roses. Motley Crue. Sabbath. Dio. Ozzy. Can Halen....not van Hagar. Billy squire. The mammas and the Pappas. The beach boys. Journey. Whitesnake. Great white. Jim Hendricks. Janice Joplin. Ccr. Chicago. Supertramp. Fleetwood Mac. Heart. Bangles. Elton John. Silver. Elo. Man there was so much great music out there. Todays music sucks. You think about it. Acdc. Scorpions. Blue oyster cult. Blondie. Joan Jett. Huey Lewis and the news. I could go on and on about the old music. What does todays music have to offer. It's all about sex drugs killing and anything else that is immoral. If God was standing next to you while you were listening to that crap what would he say to you. They are against God. This is totally against God's word and people will be judged for this. Anyway this music today sux.

And in your "today's music sux" comment, do you include praise bands and modern Christian music? Because that's a musical viability blowfest of the highest order.

What would God say about Alice Cooper's School's Out?

Alice is a born again Christian who does not drink, has been married to the same woman for 35 years, and is consistently rated as one of the all-time nice guys in rock.

REO did a song about smuggling drugs, Styx "Light Up" is about marijuana use. G&R, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, and Motley Crue are some of the most wanton hedonists in the history of rock & roll. Look at the members of the bands you referenced? Elton John is gay. (horrors!!) The BOC symbol of the upside down question mark with 3 lines that point up and to the right & left is widely believed to be questioning the holy trinity. Most Scorpions songs are about banging groupies. Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix died of drug overdoses. Your point about the sanctity of the 70's and 80's music is ok as regards musical veracity, but falls flat from a morals standpoint.

[Mod Edit: Removing political stuff]

Alice is a born again christan. Styx has never sung a song against God's word. Dio and Sabbath are word plays....sing me a song your a singer....do me a wrong your a bringer of evil....the devil is never a maker.... The less that you give your a taker...it goes on and on it's heaven and hell.
My the lover of life nots the dinner...dude. I could go on and on. You don't know what you are talking about.

1/3rd of the bands he listed would deliberately display satanic imagery and either deliberately or obliquely have satanic lyrics
capt democrat Al Gore's wife sat in front of congress essentially saying the same thing about the bands he listed

i can't even with this guy
(anyone brave enough to ask what contemporary music he's listened to to make this value judgment?)

Last edited:
i will give props to this thread. saw acdc in melbourne for their first concert after the country banned them. angus bucks woohoo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom