What Saints player from the past could help this team the most? (2 Viewers)

Why? I know Ricky was a BEAST for the Saints back in the Dome Patrol days, but do you think he would have made the same impact playing in a 4-3 on this current defense? I'm not saying he wouldn't, but I just want to know why you picked him so quick.

I think he was referring to his heart and attitude. Ambrose was garbage when he was here. Just another Falcon reject that came here. Carter when he was here didn't show much but he did hurt that 49er tight end. Broke his coller bone with a tackle. All those guys wasn't at their peak when they were here. Now put them on the Saints in their prime and you have a good arguement.

Big Wiggle cause he ate up so much space in the middle.

That's the reason I didn't go with one of the Dome Patrol guys... Could they do their best in a 4-3 defense opposed to the 3-4 that they flourished in?

Mills could, He played in the 4-3 in Carolina, at a Pro Bowl level no-less. I think, arguably, he would have been better in the 4-3 at his prime then the 3-4.

The other 3 (Vaughn Johnson, Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson)? Not so much. Ricky Jackson would be the next most likely to make the transition without much of a dropoff, and that's due simply to the fact that he was ridiculously good. Pat Swilling and Johnson were in large parts products of their system (and the players around them).

I think he was referring to his heart and attitude. Ambrose was garbage when he was here. Just another Falcon reject that came here. Carter when he was here didn't show much but he did hurt that 49er tight end. Broke his coller bone with a tackle. All those guys wasn't at their peak when they were here. Now put them on the Saints in their prime and you have a good arguement.
That's what I what going off of as well.

This is slightly off-topic, but when was the last time we had a top-tier cornerback in his prime on our team? I was probably too young to remember, or it may have even been before my time.:ezbill:

Rickey was the best Saint ever, but Sam would shore up the middle of our defense.

Sam gets my vote.....

What about Willie Roaf? Slide Brown back to RT, and let Big Willie dominate on the left.

Yeah, it's just the defense needs the most help. Sam Mills and Eric Allen would be the most ideal, maybe Wayne Martin at DT and Jackson as well.

Wow, actually, how awesome would that defense be?

Will Smith/Wayne Martin/Hollis Thomas/Charles Grant

Scott Fujita (WLB)/Sam Mills/Ricky Jackson

Eric Allen/Mike McKenzie

Josh Bullocks/Jay Bellamy

Tommy Meyers? Payton would LOVE that guy:
1) he's a safety!
2) played EVERY down like it was the last play of the superbowl and we were down by 1.

That's what I what going off of as well.

This is slightly off-topic, but when was the last time we had a top-tier cornerback in his prime on our team? I was probably too young to remember, or it may have even been before my time.:ezbill:

Eric Allen. He was entering the backside of his prime, but he was, without doubt, the best CB to ever wear a Saints uniform. He was still playing at a really high level

Dave Waymer?

They weren't even close to being stars, but I always liked Robert Massey and Reginald Jones.

Yeah, it's just the defense needs the most help. Sam Mills and Eric Allen would be the most ideal, maybe Wayne Martin at DT and Jackson as well.

Wow, actually, how awesome would that defense be?

Will Smith/Wayne Martin/Hollis Thomas/Charles Grant

Scott Fujita (WLB)/Sam Mills/Ricky Jackson

Eric Allen/Mike McKenzie

Josh Bullocks/Jay Bellamy

Skip Bullocks. I like Harper more. Otherwise, that's an awesome lineup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom