What Saints player from the past could help this team the most? (1 Viewer)

It does... "Toys in the attic" Cook? WHY?

One of the few Saints CB's that had some skills. I didn't include the guys that were pretty good before they got to NO, then proceeded to not be good. And he played on some good Saints teams. My other choice, and not too far behind, would be Brett Maxie.

Yeah, it's just the defense needs the most help. Sam Mills and Eric Allen would be the most ideal, maybe Wayne Martin at DT and Jackson as well.

Wow, actually, how awesome would that defense be?

Will Smith/Wayne Martin/Hollis Thomas/Charles Grant

Scott Fujita (WLB)/Sam Mills/Ricky Jackson

Eric Allen/Mike McKenzie

Josh Bullocks/Jay Bellamy

Put Sammy Knight in place of Bellamy and that would be my dream defense.

I think he was referring to his heart and attitude. Ambrose was garbage when he was here. Just another Falcon reject that came here. Carter when he was here didn't show much but he did hurt that 49er tight end. Broke his coller bone with a tackle. All those guys wasn't at their peak when they were here. Now put them on the Saints in their prime and you have a good arguement.

Ricky was an impact player before the Dome Patrol. He made everyone forget his bookend counterpart at the U of Pitt who was drafted that same year - Hugh (Who) Green.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Wesley Walls yet. Ya think he might help an already EXPLOSIVE offense a little?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Wesley Walls yet. Ya think he might help an already EXPLOSIVE offense a little?

Brees is on pace to break Marinos passing record. Walls would certainly help, it's just hard to imagine the passing game needing anymore :ezbill:

Eric Allen. He was entering the backside of his prime, but he was, without doubt, the best CB to ever wear a Saints uniform. He was still playing at a really high level
I guess I'd have to agree with that. His best years were as an Eagle, but he did play fairly well for us as well. My father was not a big Eric Allen fan, so that makes my opinions on him a little unfavorable.

well, all the players that came to mind first have already been listed and i want to go with someone who hasn't been mentioned yet so i'll say Gene Atkins.

It could easily be argued that the 3-4 flourished because of them.

Well.....yeah. Obviously. Right players for the right system. That doesn't mean Pat Swilling, who was a glorified pass-rush End, would succeed as a 4-3 OLB though.

That's what I what going off of as well.

This is slightly off-topic, but when was the last time we had a top-tier cornerback in his prime on our team? I was probably too young to remember, or it may have even been before my time.:ezbill:

None plain and simple. I guess the coaches don't put much stock in drafting corners after Alex Molden debacle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Molden

Brees is on pace to break Marinos passing record. Walls would certainly help, it's just hard to imagine the passing game needing anymore :ezbill:

That's why I didn't bring up Eric Martin or Dalton Hilliard. I know we are already set at both positions. That's another reason I didn't mention them.

well, all the players that came to mind first have already been listed and i want to go with someone who hasn't been mentioned yet so i'll say Gene Atkins.

Well, with our current situation, Gene Atkins in his prime would definitley be a MAJOR UPGRADE over Stoutmire or Bellamy... Dude was a head-hunter.

That was a safety. Good choice. I liked his hard hitting style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom