What Saints-related unpopular opinion is a hill you're willing to die on? (7 Viewers)

We’d have had the dynasty and more success in the mid 2010s if we had drafted Greg Olsen instead of Meachem in the 1st round of the 2007 draft.
That’s an interesting one…so in that scenario do we still draft Graham and if so, what happens to his development?

Also, without Meachem in 09’ - we lose to the Redskins and are playing the NFCCG in Minnesota. Does that change the outcome of that one?

I'll throw the first bit of gas on the fire:

Aaron Brooks was the second-greatest Saints QB of all time.

I'm worried this thread will have to maintain a very fine balancing act or it will get shut down. But here goes...

I'll give it to Brees, Archie, and Brooks. Any of those 3 would have won playoff games with the Dome Patrol teams. Hebert is extremely overrated in Saints lore. And I'm sorry, being a Falcon disqualifies you from being the leader of the Who Dat Nation.

I'm worried this thread will have to maintain a very fine balancing act or it will get shut down. But here goes...

I'll give it to Brees, Archie, and Brooks. Any of those 3 would have won playoff games with the Dome Patrol teams. Hebert is extremely overrated in Saints lore. And I'm sorry, being a Falcon disqualifies you from being the leader of the Who Dat Nation.

In defense of Hebert, he was a gunslinger that was handcuffed by an insanely conservative offense. Look at Hebert in the USFL, with a burner like Anthony Carter in his arsenal - he was able to put up some really solid number.

Mora wanted to win by defense and it almost worked. Had he not been coaching a team in the same division as the Niners, he might have made a few deep playoff runs - but his commitment to hard nosed smothering defense and conservative ball control and field goal offense was his downfall.

Hebert is extremely overrated in Saints lore. And I'm sorry, being a Falcon disqualifies you from being the leader of the Who Dat Nation.

He’s underrated. Look at what we did (or didn’t do) with Walsh in 90-91 vs what we did with Hebert in 91-92. And the bottom fell out when he left. 12-4 in 92 to losing team the rest of the decade. He goes to a Pro Bowl in Atlanta.

Last edited:
The obvious answer is that the no-call should have been P.I. helmet to helmet, defensless reciever, take your pick. 1st down, game over

Morten Andersen would still be kicking for the Saints if he wasn't let go.

EDIT: Missed the "unpopular" part of the post. Fred Thomas was a solid corner!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom