What should the Saints do If P.J. Williams does this under Kris Richard's Guidance? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
PJ finishes the season with five interceptions, and two get returned for touchdowns.
70 tackles and one sack.

When it comes to free agency, what should the Saints do with PJ if he puts up those kinds of numbers?

Sign him to a prove-it deal
Let him walk
Bring him back on a bigger contract.

I think the Saints have seen enough of him to not overpay lol. If he does have a great season it’s not unreasonable to think that it could be the exception in his career. Btw I like PJ, he’s good depth and versatile, but that’s his ceiling IMO.

Are we talking about the same PJ that’s been on our team or is this some new PJ that we don’t know about?
I was wondering the same thing...

Even then... The stats presented still don't indicate he had a great season.

PJ finishes the season with five interceptions, and two get returned for touchdowns.
70 tackles and one sack.

When it comes to free agency, what should the Saints do with PJ if he puts up those kinds of numbers?

Let him walk

If this happens that means MW got a season ending injury very early in the year. PJ Walks, Gets a moderate deal and Saints (maybe) get a late comp pick. Saints re-sign MW for a bargain.

70 tackles and one sack.

Let him walk
I'm going with D. make sure those flying pigs stay away from the hell that's froze over.

The guy never had more than 2 total interceptions in a season and only had more than 50 combined tackles 1 season. Even Jackrabbit in his best seasons hasn't achieved those stats - neither has Lattimore (had 5 picks, but only 1 TD and only 52 tackles his rookie year). I think the point you're making could be valid if you adjusted the numbers some - perhaps 3 INT, 1 for a TD, 55 tackles and a sack. This requires a fully healthy season with fairly solid production. Even these numbers possibly wouldn't be needed to consider some of your choices.

If a DB has 70 tackles that’s a scary sign about the rest of the defense as your ball carriers should never be in a position a CB has to make 70 tackles.
Anyhow, I’m interested to see how the backfield will change this year. While I have a lot of respect for our departed coach, I never really saw a huge amount of growth out of any of the DBs over this time he was coach.
Now with a new DB coach, who in previous stops helped create the Seattle defense which was much more physical and in players faces, I’m interested to see what a guy like PJ who is a bit bigger than your average DB will do. I mean at this point our entire backfield is on a prove it sort of deal as most are up contract wise after next year.

70 tackles and one sack.

Let him walk
PJ is great with the ball in front of him. Btw.....If PJ is in coverage enough to get get 5 int's, he will have given up 10 Tds. One on one, he is a liability in coverage. He will get a deal for a back up DB.

70 tackles and one sack.

Let him walk
We will need to have a Scooby Doo style ending after the season where someone pulls off the mask to see who PJ REALLY is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom