Music What Song/Album Are You Listening To? (6 Viewers)

That's funny she just popped up on my Amazon recommended list earlier this week and I listened to her whole "Stranger in the Alps" album and I think it's great. One of my favorites happens to be one she didn't write called "You missed my heart" (I must have listened to that one and the original version by Sun Kil Moon about 60 times in the last 3 days).

When I looked up more about her it seems like she was one of the many women victimized by Ryan Adams, which puts some of those songs on her album in a different light.

Ok I hadn't listened to this in a few weeks and listened to it this morning from this thread on my work PC. I just opened Amazon Music on my iPhone and after not listening to Phoebe's music for two or three weeks on there as well suddenly she's showing up in the recommended tracks again...

amazon-echo-listening.jpg

Any confusion about Kacey might have been because her former boyfriend's name was Misa. Her husband (since late 2017) has the slightly less gender-ambiguous name of Ruston.

Meanwhile Jenny's new single is already getting frequent airplay on the local alternative station here in L.A. Her Austin City Limits appearance in support of Voyager was one of the two or three best performances I've seen on ACL in years--so I have very high hopes for the new album.

Have you listened to the album yet? I think it’s pretty good - the reviews have been very positive. The content is really good, I just think the songs lack some of the hook that her last album had.

I’m going to see her at the High Water Fest in Charleston in two weeks. Mitski, Phosphorescent, and Leon Bridges also that day. Should be decent.

The mysterious mister nauli who really isn't anything but an obvious dirty filthy lying winner,for a while anyway. Little Sheila, the whole you Boyz make big noize album. And one or two other Slade songs I should have mentioned.

Going to this tonight, I’m on this work trip in Minneapolis and just happened to see it on the theater marquis. Pretty cool - I love that trippy old sheet. I listen to Atom Heart Mother quite a bit.

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody again the other night and went looking through YT for some old Queen nuggets.

Found one of pure gold: George Michael singing "Somebody To Love" at the Freddie tribute at Wembley in 1992.

Only FM could've done it better, and not by much. Queen clearly appreciate GM's effort. See for yourself.

Want something different? Mongolian Metal.

Warrior music for sure. Mongolia is currently ranked 89 out of 137 countries with measurable military strength. They are sandwiched between Russia and China, so they are probably allies with these super powers. globalfirepower.com

I think it's pretty good. Since I don't understand what their singing, it makes it even more terrifying. Who knows if the subtext is correctly transcribed?

How about Ancient Hebrew?

You will want to start at the one minute mark. This music will chase evil spirits away, well, at least I think so.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom