Music What Song/Album Are You Listening To? (4 Viewers)

Have you listened to the album yet? I think it’s pretty good - the reviews have been very positive. The content is really good, I just think the songs lack some of the hook that her last album had.

I’m going to see her at the High Water Fest in Charleston in two weeks. Mitski, Phosphorescent, and Leon Bridges also that day. Should be decent.

Just following up on this @slowchild25 , I have gotten way more into the Jenny Lewis record - and I now think its better than Voyagers. The songwriting is stronger and deeper, I think. And wow, that band. The bass and keys for the whole record is Don Was and Benmont Tench, wow. Tench's organ work on "Heads Gonna Roll" is killer. Ringo is on a pair of songs and Jim Keltner (who has played with everyone - was the Traveling Wilburys drummer) is on the rest . Beck is on a pair of songs (he produced) and though it isn't mentioned (due to the allegations) Ryan Adams plays guitar on a few tracks. The album was recorded in the LA studio where Sinatra recorded and Jenny plays the same grand piano that Carole King used on Tapestry. It's quite amazing actually that you get so much of that stuff on one record - but the songs are all Jenny Lewis. It took a while for it to really get hooks in me but I dig it.

Fred Armisen wrote the press:
https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/ne...wrote-the-press-bio-for-jenny-lewis-new-album

Also @slowchild25, that Phoebe Bridgers / Conor Oberst album "Better Oblivion Community Center" has also really grown on me! It's good - have you checked it out?

It was on in the coffee shop the other day. I was in there working on a memo and I looked over at the twenty-something hipster barista who was enjoying it (she had obviously put it on) and I thought about saying something but I didn't. But it probably would have surprised her that the middle-aged work guy typing in the shop actually knows that whole album.

Also @slowchild25, that Phoebe Bridgers / Conor Oberst album "Better Oblivion Community Center" has also really grown on me! It's good - have you checked it out?

I hadn't listened to that one yet. Have it on right now and so far I'm liking it a lot.

But it probably would have surprised her that the middle-aged work guy typing in the shop actually knows that whole album.

That's probably about 90% of the demographic listening to those albums :LOL:

Sia has a bunch of songs that showcase an awesome voice. Much like Dave Mathews, the stuff you hear on the radio really does nothing to show what talent and quality the artist has to offer. When you hear her squeaky voice talking in the beginning of this video, you won’t be able to believe how powerful that voice is in the song.

I stumbled on this song this morning and have listened to it about 15 times so far today. Not sick of it yet. :LOL:

Some of you might be surprised at who this is, some of you not so much. It's a new album and I have been listening to it a lot:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom