Music What Song/Album Are You Listening To? (2 Viewers)

Warren Zevon - The Wind

Never fully realized the backstory behind his final record until now. Some great documentaries out there about it.

I really didn't know much about him but I used to watch David Letterman religiously. I still remember seeing the episode that was totally devoted to him and going out a listening to his stuff afterwards. I actually just watched the documentary on the making of this album yesterday. Lots of guests on that album Springsteen, Dwight Yoakam, Tom Petty and Mike Campbell.

Watched Echo in the Canyon this weekend it is great.

This song in particular I can't stop listening to the new version:

I really didn't know much about him but I used to watch David Letterman religiously. I still remember seeing the episode that was totally devoted to him and going out a listening to his stuff afterwards. I actually just watched the documentary on the making of this album yesterday. Lots of guests on that album Springsteen, Dwight Yoakam, Tom Petty and Mike Campbell.

Yeah, watching that documentary was kind of what rekindled my interest in his life and his music. Everyone knows him as the "Wearwolves of London" guy, but he was way deeper than that. He had an amazing knack for putting some dark and twisted lyrics together with upbeat, rockin' melodies (i.e. "Excitable Boy")

Eddie Vedder (who I'm not normally a huge fan of) did an amazing cover of "Keep Me in Your Heart" for Letterman at the Kennedy Center Honors a couple of years ago. He really nailed it. (even used a Tom Petty guitar)

one of my "Desert Island" albums. I can listen to Sparks, Christmas, Sally Simpson and we're not gonna take it basically on repeat.

Attachments

• chdp.jpg
    chdp.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
one of my "Desert Island" albums. I can listen to Sparks, Christmas, Sally Simpson and we're not gonna take it basically on repeat.

+1

When I was in about 7th grade, I discovered my dad's album collection. I had a phono on my stereo that I had gotten for Christmas. Tommy was in the collection and I used to listen to it for hours.

To this day, I just can't watch the movie. The music is so pure and original on the album, I need to hear the Who playing it and Roger and Pete signing it. I have no interest in Elton John doing Pinball Wizard and the butchering of Christmas is just unbearable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom