What Specials/Promo's bring You Into A Bar? (1 Viewer)

hrussell

The Girl is so Dangerous
Reaction score
Happy hour Domestic pints!

I think you just have to try different things on different days of the week that appeals to groups of people

SaintMeaux

No Pity
Reaction score
Wing/appetizer specials, if you serve food.

Those import/micro prices don't seem like a deal at all. Maybe beer prices are regional, but my local brew pub has domestics and micro pints for $2 during happy hour.

Hot bartenders/servers that know what they're doing are always a draw...

Eeyore

Ded inside
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
right now happy hour is $2.75 domestic drafts, $4 import/micro, and $3.50 well

on gameday every time the chargers score a td it's $3 u-call-its during the commercial break

I'd bet that advertising that you're not going to force your customers to watch the Chargers would bring in the business.

LafourcheSaint

Silvergun Superman
Reaction score
Well, when I was under 21, bars that had a reputation for not carding (or ignoring obvious fake ids) genuinely brought me there and I spent lots of $$.

Reaction score
I know a place close by my house that does a ladies night and they drink free every Wednesday night. Another place I go to during happy hour has you pay $10 or whatever and you get a band to drink from 6-8 as much as you want.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Bulldog here in New Orleans has been very successful with buy a draft beer and keep their 'bulldog' glasses every Wednesday. Now that place is absolutely crowded every Wednesday.

RayRay

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was in a bar band for a decade, and in that time we saw it all. It really depends on your clientele and your local competition. Are you a sports bar? Are there other bars nearby? Collegiate area or a place for working adults? To use the Bulldog, as mentioned above, as an example: great brew selection, I think a hundred or so on tap. Great grill, fast bartenders. It draws the 20-50 crowd at different times, and has three distinct areas of seating: main bar with bar tables and stools, a relaxed area with comfy couches, and anexcellent outdoor area. It caters to everyone and no one in particular, which makes it awesome.
I'm not saying you have to do all of that, but find your bread and butter. Bring the costs down a hair and that might be a good start, though.

whodatjoe

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hot bartenders/servers that know what they're doing are always a draw...[/QUOTE]
This. Seriously. Hot bartenders/servers will be the biggest draw. Guys don't want to sit around with a dude serving them drinks. They need personality of course.

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
is there a dart or pool league in the area??

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Appeal to niche groups. There is a Denver area Saints fan bar in downtown Denver that appeals to Saints and University of Oklahama fans on gameday... Definitely keeps me going back. Also there is a Louisiana Saints bar where I live in Colorado Springs.

Think of it this way: you're GOING to get the Chargers crowd since you're in San Diego, try to get other groups too and get the word out.

Semper Fi!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom