What team do you NOT want in the first round? (1 Viewer)

Team do you not want he hornets to play in first round

• Nuggets

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Jazz

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Mavs

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Suns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Warriors

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

rickysfan34

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Being that the West is still all up in the air....What team do you least want the Hornets to face in the first round?

I went w/ the Warriors, i dont know why but they scare the heck out of me b/c they can play our game better than we can on the offensive end, and they are a likely candidate w/ our records at this point

Last edited:
For whatever reason the warriors are the ONLY team that really scares me. I know that is stupid but its true. The Jazz are second on the list just cause of their home record but we would have home court anyway.

By the way, how many games are in Round 1. Best of 5 or 7?

I voted Warriors because them Denver, Dallas and Houston are the teams we are most likely to play in the first round. I don't think we will see the Spurs at that time. The Warriors scare me for one big reason:

How motivated do you think Baron Davis will be facing Byron Scott, his former team and the PG everyone is saying is the best in the game? I'm going to say a solid 9 on the vengeance scale.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Welcome to the Vengeance Scale

I'll go with the Jazz, but I think we would be OK if we managed to get homecourt advantage. The Spurs are a very close second because of their experience, but we haven't had that much trouble with them in the regular season.

I'll go with the Jazz, but I think we would be OK if we managed to get homecourt advantage. The Spurs are a very close second because of their experience, but we haven't had that much trouble with them in the regular season.

im hoping it stays that way:9:...im kind of nervous to see how our guys react to the intesity of the playoffs; however,in all honesty, i believe there is no other player that can trump experience like CP

I voted Warriors because them Denver, Dallas and Houston are the teams we are most likely to play in the first round. I don't think we will see the Spurs at that time. The Warriors scare me for one big reason:

How motivated do you think Baron Davis will be facing Byron Scott, his former team and the PG everyone is saying is the best in the game? I'm going to say a solid 9 on the vengeance scale.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Welcome to the Vengeance Scale

yes, Baron is extremely tough and CP loves to play passing lanes and w/ a guy like Davis you have to be constantly in his grill..he's a tough matchup for any playmaking PG because he makes you play honest on defense, but i always like how the Warriors can implode at any point in the game after missing a few straight shots..but it seems like theyre better now w/o Richardson, which i didnt think could happen...Ellis and Jackson are playing great as well

Last edited:
the correct answer is:Lakers (if healthy)

This is probably as perfect a description of the Warriors that I have seen, from Truehoop.com:

"If sports are an analogy for war, then the Warriors, it occurs to me, play the role of terrorists. They'll never rule, but they'll take somebody down with them."

Dang, can I change my answer to the Spurs? Those guys sure know how to turn it up when the time is right.

The Jazz basically out-physical us at 4 of 5 positions

since we're a team geared more to run, that worries me

(I voted after GS got bumped)

i chose the lakers i mean good team just dont like them that much i dont know how they make playoffs every year just from one dude, kobe. can a player really be that good that nobody in the west can stop them from coming to the playoffs i dont believe it but it seems to happen everytime

i chose the lakers i mean good team just dont like them that much i dont know how they make playoffs every year just from one dude, kobe. can a player really be that good that nobody in the west can stop them from coming to the playoffs i dont believe it but it seems to happen everytime

Okay not only have the Lakers not made it past the first round of the playoffs since Shaq left, but there's no way we'll face them in the first round. rif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom