What the analysts are missing with Latavius Murray over Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Seems like Roy Anderson is either back to writing his articles on a computer, using spellcheck, proofreading, or has hired an editor. His articles last week were brutal as can be.

talking about saints running backs since 2006, and the joker role. but then totally skip mentioning sproles.

As good as the Saints offense was in 2017 and 2018, the Saints were missing an element at both running back and receiver that was crucial to the team’s success in 2009. Sean Payton is in the process of fixing that.

thats 100% true. meredith going back down with his injury, and ginn, then bryant never even seeing the field. hopefully the playing time kirkwood, smith and arnold got last year will help out for 2019.

I forgot all about Dwayne Washington.

It’s not really that the Saints are replacing Mark Ingram with Latavius Murray. That’s a canard. What we’ll see is Ingram being replaced by both Latavius Murray and Dwayne Washington in a sort of recreation of that three-headed monster of 2009. That backfield that featured Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush.

I would also add that if we got a legit threat at TE it would be unfair to opposing defenses to stop this offense.

I forgot all about Dwayne Washington.

I would also add that if we got a legit threat at TE it would be unfair to opposing defenses to stop this offense.
Washington showed he can surely run - and run hard - when he got his shots at the end of the season. I was really impressed with him. This year's offense could be a shinier version of what we'd run in 2017 & 2018. Especially if we sign a TE who's a major threat down the seam and a slot receiver (or have Meredith back at 100% well before camp starts). Hopefully Ginn stays healthy all year long, so as to open everything up for all the toys on this offense. Hell, even a full off-season with the jugz machine could have Dan Arnold catching those balls he dropped in the seam that could've been scores in many cases.

Murry is a pretty good Vet RB, he's big (6'3" 230lbs), has good speed and decent hands. I like Washington also as a role player.

I'm more concerned about the WR's not name Mike Thomas and TE's! IMO their development is more crucial than the RB situation. We all know Kamara is a BEAST, and the O-line will dictate how well the running game goes. The WR's are on their own though man up against a defender or trying to find holes in zone coverage. Hopefully Meredith is back healthy and should know the playbook since he had all year to study. Ginn will do his thing. TQS and Kirkwood now have a season of playing time under their belt and should know what they need to work on to get better. Also, the TE position is a ?. Hill has shown a flash here and there but never anything consistant, Arnold is a WR/TE tweener who looks the part but did drop a crucial TD pass, and I don't know who else we have.

I think our running game will be solid, I'm just more worried about our WR's and TE's. You know every DC is going to study last year and try to find a way to shut MT down and if our other WR's play like they did last year our passing game struggle greatly.

I'm not concerned about the run game as I am the passing game. We have a bunch of receivers, but they didn't amount to much production. We have so many question marks. Will Dez return to form? Will Kirkwood & Smith take the 2nd year leap? Is Carr going to be good for us or will he be our new Andy Tanner? Will Ginn keep going strong this late in his career or was his injury last year a sign of things to come?

We really can draft someone this year because it's a deep class. I would love to sign Jared Cook because it's like adding a WR. I feel like TE is extremely important. Our division has some really good LB's that haven't had to worry about a TE in our passing game for years and as a result I think they are able to key in on Kamara, Thomas, etc. Once we have a good TE that can occupy their attention it will open up other things for our offense. I haven't heard anything about Cook leaving so I'm assuming we are working on a deal with him.

I'll have to see it to believe it when it comes to Washington. I don't think he showed enough last year for me to buy into the three RB system.

With all due respect, this article is garbage. It doesn’t explain at all why Washington should see more snaps, other than him being on the roster. But, well, he was already there in 2018, and he didn’t play.
In other words, the article has nothing to do with Ingram or Murray, it’s just a nonsensical monologue about Washington and past committees.

Murry is a pretty good Vet RB, he's big (6'3" 230lbs), has good speed and decent hands. I like Washington also as a role player.

At 6'3" if Murray can really catch out of the backfield it's another crazy mismatch for Payton to play with.

I don't know much about him, but is he a true threat out of the backfield?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom