What the Browns Are Doing? And How Is Their Draft Class? (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is nothing new to what the Cleveland Browns are doing. Others, notably Jimmy Johnson and at times Bill Walsh, did what the Browns are doing: Trading down and gathering as many draft picks as possible because of knowledge that even good drafting teams draft in early rounds players who do not become quality players, and that the more at-bats a team has when drafting, the more hits it will get.

I see that Cleveland has perhaps 15 picks at this time in the 2017 draft, including two picks in each of the first two rounds, and three picks in the fourth round. And it has extra picks in the 2018 draft.

The Browns desperately need a quarterback. I would not be surprised if they finish this season with the worst record in the NFL and draft Watson next year. Certainly, by the way the Browns are cutting ties with veterans, it appears that the organization has accepted the fact that the team in terms of wins and losses will not be competitive this year.

Overall, I like what Cleveland is doing. If it finds a quarterback and drafts well, it could be a very dangerous team by 2018.

But has anyone followed how the Browns' rookie class is doing? Though I was impressed by how Cleveland traded down and obtained extra picks, I was not overall impressed by many of the players Cleveland picked. Do we have any Saintsreport members in northern Ohio who can provide insight?

The Browns have drafted 26 players in the past two years.

We'll see what good it does them.

Ogbah has been moved from OLB/DE and back I think. Not sure if its because he hasn't looked comfy at OLB but they moved him to DE after the off-season practices. Their other draft pick the DE that lead the nation in sacks (Carl Nassib)has looked good in games and practice. Corey Coleman has been having a Michael Thomas like camp with eye popping catches galore

I like the approach the Browns are taking in regards to the draft. I'm a fan of the scatter gun approach to drafting. You draft enough players and you're going to hit on a few by accident if nothing else.

The Browns are the Browns so it's hard to say they are headed in the right direction. All I know is that they have a bunch of WRs. Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon on the field together could be lethal. If they can get average play from the QB spot they could light up the scoreboard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom