What the heck is wrong with Drew Brees? (1 Viewer)

zippy

Veteran
Reaction score
Offensive Reference to Saints Player or FO
The last 3 weeks he has looked like absolute garbage? Is it mental? Is it his "age"?

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees making some questionable call. Took serious hit to the head with no call. You can see his eye black is gone and cut under his eye and bridge of nose

Reaction score
Besides that last int he has actually played well. That first int was a good pass. Lot of dropped passes and passes that came back due to penalty. Made some good throws tonight.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
His receivers are dropping 1st downs, his OL is hurt and not giving him time, and he made one bad decision. The first INT should have been a big catch.

Brees is not the issue here. I said it earlier today. We just have to survive tonight and get back home. Don't worry about how it looks.

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No one can get separation. When Armstead comes back, perhaps we can try him at Tight End.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
See Peyton Manning 2014 and how he collapsed late in that season.

Age eventually catches up with QBs.
His 2 best O lineman are out and he’s had drops and bad routes. On the 2pt pick Kamara quit. He’s taking a lot of heat and hanging in there.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
See Peyton Manning 2014 and how he collapsed late in that season.

Age eventually catches up with QBs.
What's happening tonight has nothing to do with age. We are missing our league best LT, our C, and Bushrod/Ram have both been in the tent. We've also had 4-5 drops that would have been 1st downs.

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Win ugly is still a win. Every team goes through these patches. The injuries we have are the big difference. We will be alright.

OP
OP

zippy

Veteran
Reaction score
His receivers are dropping 1st downs, his OL is hurt and not giving him time, and he made one bad decision. The first INT should have been a big catch.

Brees is not the issue here. I said it earlier today. We just have to survive tonight and get back home. Don't worry about how it looks.

I agree, SP is the issue. 7-6 game at half and basically abandoned the run game.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I agree, SP is the issue. 7-6 game at half and basically abandoned the run game.
We've run 27 times and that's not counting the Brees sneak.

I'd hardly call that abandoning the run. The Panthers D is just playing a great game. Sometimes you get stopped.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
good lord people. It's the third straight road game against a good defense towards the end of the season. Two of those games were divisional games and the third was against a rival. Two of the three were primetime road games. Two of the three were against teams fighting for their playoff life. Offense has been reeled in league wide. We are missing half of our offensive line and our #2 and #3 receivers are out. Next thing you know you are relying on TLL to make a play.

Besides, watching this defense is more fun. :)

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Drew. His best Olineman is out, his center was out, and his receivers outside of Michael Thomas are XFL level at best

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom