What the heck is wrong with Drew Brees? (1 Viewer)

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The lack of quality WRs is showing. Teams are taking Thomas out of game (as much as they can) and daring us to go to the rookies. However, Trequan seems to have forgotten how to catch and none of them are getting separation.

SaintsFan83

BIG HARSHNESS
Reaction score
His WR aren't playing well. Not only have they dropped crucial balls, but they're constantly out of place at the line. You see Drew have to readjust them. But also, I feel like officiating has changed dramatically on pass interference. And its not just our game, I've noticed it all weekend. I don't see how you can push a WR without looking back and not get called.

Reaction score
So....what is your fix? New coach and new QB when we are 12-2? HA!
So calling them put means we want someone new? It's called being realistic. I want them to play like/coach the brees and payton that won the superbowl in 2009. I'm happy that we are 12-2 and we really need to win sunday. I don't feel like we will be beat in the dome. The thing is when the playoffs come it will be a different ball game. There won't be another week to fix this or that.

People act like criticizing your team makes you less of a fan,no we actually think highly of our team and coaches. I understand that they are human and will make mistakes,but god. I know that brees and payton are better than what i have seen from them.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Could be mistaken but almost all the 80 penalty yds were adainst the offense. 2 15 yd personal fouls plus illigal procedure, false starts, all drive killers. Those are not on Drew.
I thought the OL did ok considering. Plus those are valuable snaps for Tom and Clapp.

SuperKid

Bring us 1 more
Reaction score
There was a safety waiting back there for anything deeper.
Yup if Brees throws it too high it flies over Arnold's head and right into the Safeties hands for the same result, an Interception.

an NFL Tight End has to make that catch, it was right there. Kelce makes that play, Ertz makes that play, heck even good ole Colby Fleener might even make that play lol.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Armstead is still a big problem. Peat is getting his tail whipped without Armstead to protect him. Then we missed Unger most of the game tonight. Ram went out hurt in the Dallas game and was in the tent again tonight.

None of these injuries appear serious, but they are affecting the offense's timing. In the end, we went on the road, for the 3rd straight week, and beat a division rival in a game most teams lose. I just can't complain too much about that.

I'm pretty certain Ginn is back this week. I agree we need him back. I don't even care about winning out. Just get one more W in the next two weeks and get healthy for the playoffs.
Yeah I don’t care about winning out either, my ideal scenario was win tonight, beat the Steelers next week for the 1st seed, and then we can rest our players in the final match. That would be fine by me.

SubmarineMike

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
His WR aren't playing well. Not only have they dropped crucial balls, but they're constantly out of place at the line. You see Drew have to readjust them. But also, I feel like officiating has changed dramatically on pass interference. And its not just our game, I've noticed it all weekend. I don't see how you can push a WR without looking back and not get called.
All of this is true.

First - officiating. You can't knock a team off its game and not expect it to be rattled. The missed calls against the Panther's D when they were headhunting us? The ticky-tack calls against us? (And they missed some calls they should have made against us, too). That makes it tougher to stay on your game.

Second - look back to the beginning of the season. Brees refused to throw to his new receivers, even when they were open, because he just wasn't comfortable with them. Then, towards mid-season, he developed some comfort and we saw what happened against the Rams. Now the WR's have forgotten how to catch, and Drew has only Kamara and MT inside his circle of trust. You can see it in his reads that he doesn't like his options. I think that if our young WR core gets its mojo back, then Drew will settle down and we will see a much different performance.

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
This is the type of game you win in order to go to the superb owl. It almost as ugly a game as you can get and we came out on top. I'll take it. We used to lose these all the time.

I believe the offense will get sorted out. One more game and we can rest starters for 2 weeks going into the first playoff game......AT HOME.

Reaction score
Did you see the great throws he made tonight where the ball was dropped? He was great tonight! The INT was totally on Hill, the drop by Watson was HUGE....the penalties on big completed passes...You must not have watched the same game I saw tonight. Frankly, the patchwork line, especially at center, cause lots of issues on the sacks. Drew forced the 2pt play. Other than that he had no more or less bad throws than he typically has. Probably 2-3.

We can agree to disagree. Anyone with football IQ can see it, has nothing to do with homerism.
It's not only about tonight. The fact is drew brees has not played like drew brees these last few games. No one should be talking to me about receivers. I know our receivers are a huge issue and i've started this time and time again. I was told that a back up o lineman was more important than have ted ginn back. I'm the biggest advocate that we need a legit number 2 receiver.

Drew brees is not playing well. The o line isn't playing well,but what can you expect when you have receivers who can't get open? Brees has to hold onto the ball longer and the o line has to block longer. Funny how the same idiot who called me a moron said we were good at receiver and didn't need anyone. Now all of a sudden we need a number 2 receiver 😂😂😂😂.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So calling them put means we want someone new? It's called being realistic. I want them to play like/coach the brees and payton that won the superbowl in 2009. I'm happy that we are 12-2 and we really need to win sunday. I don't feel like we will be beat in the dome. The thing is when the playoffs come it will be a different ball game. There won't be another week to fix this or that.

People act like criticizing your team makes you less of a fan,no we actually think highly of our team and coaches. I understand that they are human and will make mistakes,but god. I know that brees and payton are better than what i have seen from them.
In 2009 they played 3 tough games to end the season. 0-3. This year 3 tough games 2-1. Surprisingly against the same 3 teams. We need to go .500 the rest of the season for home field advantage. Quit complaining.

Every week you have to fix this or that. Guys get beat up. You have opponents with different strengths. Coaches have big ideas, then the opposition does something unexpected. To be able to rest and not be constantly working on it is a joke.

What have Payton and Brees done other than win 2 out of three games on the road against 2 teams fighting for playoff lives and a Tampa team that only needs consistency from the QB to be very good.

SaintsFan83

BIG HARSHNESS
Reaction score
This is the type of game you win in order to go to the superb owl. It almost as ugly a game as you can get and we came out on top. I'll take it. We used to lose these all the time.

I believe the offense will get sorted out. One more game and we can rest starters for 2 weeks going into the first playoff game......AT HOME.
This is true. Its harder and harder to win the more successful you get. This was their super bowl and they played with all they had. The Steelers still have a fighting chance at the post season, and they're going to play us tough as well. Thankfully we're built to stop big mobile QBs because of Carolina and Newton. Our Oline is going to have to step it up against their pass rush no matter who is playing.

Reaction score
Brees turned it up to force the Saints down field late in the game.. I don't think anything is wrong with him except a couple bad decisions. He should've thrown it away on the 2 pt conversion, even though Kamara was in the wrong spot and had more to do with that pick than anything.

Brees started out 10/18 at one point and turned around and went 13/17 when receivers decided to start catching throws. TQS and Arnold really hurt Brees' "look" today. A few balls hit them in the hands and bounced out. TQS needs to get some aggressiveness, and I think Arnold needs to work on catching in traffic.

Saints played a very desperate team today that has held a grudge for a long time against us. That team was on a 5 game skid after starting 6-2, still in the hunt for the playoffs, with a long tenured coach whose job is probably on the line with this game. We played this team in their home stadium, on a Monday Night, with a beat up OL and 3 receivers sitting on IR. This is the type of team that wins Superbowls.

Reaction score
In 2009 they played 3 tough games to end the season. 0-3. This year 3 tough games 2-1. Surprisingly against the same 3 teams. We need to go .500 the rest of the season for home field advantage. Quit complaining.

Every week you have to fix this or that. Guys get beat up. You have opponents with different strengths. Coaches have big ideas, then the opposition does something unexpected. To be able to rest and not be constantly working on it is a joke.

What have Payton and Brees done other than win 2 out of three games on the road against 2 teams fighting for playoff lives and a Tampa team that only needs consistency from the QB to be very good.
Didn't we rest our starters against carolina? I wouldn't count that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom