What the heck is wrong with Drew Brees? (1 Viewer)

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
It's not only about tonight. The fact is drew brees has not played like drew brees these last few games. No one should be talking to me about receivers. I know our receivers are a huge issue and i've started this time and time again. I was told that a back up o lineman was more important than have ted ginn back. I'm the biggest advocate that we need a legit number 2 receiver.

Drew brees is not playing well. The o line isn't playing well,but what can you expect when you have receivers who can't get open? Brees has to hold onto the ball longer and the o line has to block longer. Funny how the same idiot who called me a moron said we were good at receiver and didn't need anyone. Now all of a sudden we need a number 2 receiver 😂😂😂😂.
So if the line isn't playing well, and receivers can't get open, then.... Drew's not playing well?

Shocking.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
Drew is not missing open receivers. He is not finding guys open on his first looks. Heck the young guys can’t even line up properly.

Reaction score
You're supporting a thread creator for making a wild opinion about Drew being "garbage" and then decide to pick on someone for calling out such idiocy. Oh I see that you "BLEED BLACK & GOLD" yet just joined a few weeks ago...makes sense.
Drew brees and the whole offense is playing like garbage. It's hard to defend the offense period. Lol all you people have to talk about is when someone joined like that is relevant. I don't care about people getting butthurt. The op is entitled to his opinion. So it's ok for people to call our defense garbage(when they are playing bad)but it's a crime to call brees garbage(when he's playing like it). Is brees a garbage qb? No. Is he playing bad right now? Yes.

People have been calling rodgers overrated and bad,but no one can say anything about brees playing bad. I swear some of you probably cry if you read one negative thing about brees.sorry,but i'm not afraid to call out anyone when they are playing negative. You or anyone else bringing up the date i joined or crying about it won't change that.

Sorry not sorry. I'm happy to be 12-2. I still have a little faith that brees and payton will get it together and get the number one seed. They haven't lost at home in the playoffs,but i need them and the rest of the offense to get it together and win sunday so we can rest our guys.

Reaction score
So if the line isn't playing well, and receivers can't get open, then.... Drew's not playing well?

Shocking.
Trying to be a smart guy huh. Isn't that what i just said? There were times where drew was bad on his own(the int's against dallas and tampa). I'm not going to let brees off the hook,but i was argued down last week that we needed a back up lineman more than ted ginn. The same dude who's talking about how badly we need ted ginn said we were good at receiver and didn't need anyone when other people show concern.

Be consistent. Don't say we are great at receiver when drew is playing well(due to michael thomas having a big game),then blame the same receivers that you said we were ok with when drew ia playing poorly.

Like i said before i'm the biggest advocate for ted ginn coming back. Our biggest need on offense is a receiver. Hopefully our o line can get healthy. You either didn't read my comment or didn't comprehend well.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Dallas, Carolina, Tampa, we seem to be everyone’s Super Bowl. While we won two of those games, from here on out (until Feb.) every game is every opponents Super Bowl, and not every team we face in the playoffs will be as sad a lot as Dallas, Carolina, and Tampa. The teams will be better, and play ya better, and unless we get healthy, and get right, we are going to be a quick out.

Reaction score
Drew is not missing open receivers. He is not finding guys open on his first looks. Heck the young guys can’t even line up properly.
I was told we needed a backup lineman more than our number 2 verteran,deepthreat receiver. I thought we were great at receiver and didn't need anyone else. Well that's just what i heard from some people on this board.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's fine but he needs a week off.

Carolina knows him better than anyone. They blew up the QB sneak that has 100% success rate against every other team in the league. They tackle well.

We should be able to torch the Steelers.

bearze34

The Listener
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The last 3 weeks he has looked like absolute garbage? Is it mental? Is it his "age"?
It is called poor receiver play. He is getting frustrated due to receivers running the wrong routes. Fortunately, the problem isn't a lack of effort so it is fixable.

simon templar

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The last 3 weeks he has looked like absolute garbage? Is it mental? Is it his "age"?
He’s a first ballot Hall of Famer. It can be fairly said that he lifted this team out of the realm of irrelevance and onto its first Super Bowl win. He’s been a proponent and champion of the City of New Orleans. And you choose to use the word, garbage, in reference to him? Idiot.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
He's fine but he needs a week off.

Carolina knows him better than anyone. They blew up the QB sneak that has 100% success rate against every other team in the league. They tackle well.

We should be able to torch the Steelers.
I would like to see Taysom and Teddy get some more reps in the final week.

Reaction score
Looks like we may do that again and end with the same record.
I hope we do have to. For multiple reasons. One it would mean we have the first round bye and number one seed.2. We all know what happened the last time we went 13-3 and lost to those 3 teams.

The offense has me worried,but i still feel good. In the past we would have lost tonight and last week,but we actually have a defense we can depend on. Hopefully our offense is just tired from all the 30 and 40 point games we have had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom