What the Saint's D needs is a good pass rushing OLB as in what OLD #57 used to do for the Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1. Keith Rivers, USC
2. Ali Highsmith, LSU
3. Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
4. Shawn Crable, Michigan
5. Bruce Davis, UCLA
6. Alvin Bowen, Iowa State
7. Tavares Gooden, Miami (FL)
8. Hilee Taylor, North Carolina
9. Jordon Dizon, Colorado
10. Robert James, Arizona

Rivers has a don't stop motor and is good in pass coverage.
Highsmith is a bit undersized for an outside linebacker.
Adibi is a classic speed and power type of guy.(Could be the 2nd best OLB)
Gooden moved to ILB and played better there.

However the problem is the draft really doesnt have anyone. These are some of the good OLB's and most have trouble getting off blocker's or being undersized.

So is there someone in the FA that is not an old guy on his way out like the Saints all ways seem toget.

Briggs and Dansby are probably closest to what you're looking for.

First you have to have a DC that knows how to use him though.

I say we go after a proven young player here.

1.Terrell Suggs- He is only 25 and he has was avergaing 10 sacks a year going into 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4468

2.Michael Boley- He is 25 also and has great stats as a starter. Not alot of sacks but he has killer speed and if used correctly could be a sack attack machine!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8574

Boley is restricted... there's only one LB I'd trade for, and that's Vilma... if he's healthy...

yankmccobb76;881265First you have to have a DC that knows how to use him though.[/QUOTE said:
Are you saying that the ones we have are a lot better then what we see on the field each week cause there not used correctly or is it both a needing of an up grade at OLB and a new DC?

Let's get Suggs because he's a beast and will be cheaper than Briggs, trade for Vilma, sign the CB for the Raiders, draft Kenny Phillips, and draft a DT in the 2nd round.

Let's get Suggs because he's a beast and will be cheaper than Briggs, trade for Vilma, sign the CB for the Raiders, draft Kenny Phillips, and draft a DT in the 2nd round.

I agree. Realistically, we can afford Suggs. I will be dissaponted if we don't make a stron gpush for him. No secondary is good with a pass rush. HE IS A PROVEN PASS RUSHER!

Crable is supposedly only a 3-4 olb. I think it was draft scout that said that, they claim he has trouble shedding blockers. Personally, I want Ellis in the 1st and Crable in the 2nd.

I don't think Suggs would be cheaper than Briggs. He's younger, been to multiple probowls himself, and has played in several different defensive schemes, while many feel Briggs might only be a Cover 2 WLB. And maybe most importantly... Suggs can rush the passer very well. He can line up at DE or at OLB in a 3-4.

I also heard that DeAngelo Hall said to S.P that he would play for the saints for the league minimum, when the Falcons hosted the Saints on SNF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom