What this year playoffs tells me (1 Viewer)

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It shows that it doesn’t matter how great you were during the regular season, doesn’t matter if your at home or away, doesn’t matter your record. You have to play these games with extreme focus and determination. You have to bring your A game because everyone else is. If your caught relaxed you will be out. Just like us and just like patriots and just like the unbeatable ravens during the regular season. Makes me think that next year there is still hope for our saints to host a trophy no matter what there record is just have to get in and stay focused and hungry.

If they haven't learned this lesson from all the years past, they won't learn it this time. The Saints had the most to prove out of any team in the entire league. The most to avenge. The most to 'make right'. And it didn't matter. If it didn't matter THIS year, it will never matter.

It shows that it doesn’t matter how great you were during the regular season, doesn’t matter if your at home or away, doesn’t matter your record. You have to play these games with extreme focus and determination. You have to bring your A game because everyone else is. If your caught relaxed you will be out. Just like us and just like patriots and just like the unbeatable ravens during the regular season. Makes me think that next year there is still hope for our saints to host a trophy no matter what there record is just have to get in and stay focused and hungry.
The loss to the Falcons should have told us that.
The fact we weren't focused coming off a bye week and lost to a 1-7 team. Then 8 weeks later aren't focused for a playoff game tells me we have a serious lack of leadership. Also, the manner in which we lost both games, being out coached, points to the lack of leadership being in the coaching staff.

Also. running the ball ins important.

I came to the exact same conclusion. I was talking to media friends who told me that the feeling in the dome was like a regular season, noon kickoff game.

The absolute worse thing that happen to us was not getting the Bye, not because of rest, not because of automatically advancing to the Divisional round but because, just like me, just like the media, just like Vegas, just like most of the fans, the team went into the game assuming it was goin got be a walk away win and played like a regular season game while the Vikes played their Super Bowl against the unstoppable Saints.

I realize this is silly but winning 13 games hurt the Saints (if they didn’t get a bye) they may have come in more hungry if they didn’t think they were better then wild card weekend

The loss to the Falcons should have told us that.
The fact we weren't focused coming off a bye week and lost to a 1-7 team. Then 8 weeks later aren't focused for a playoff game tells me we have a serious lack of leadership. Also, the manner in which we lost both games, being out coached, points to the lack of leadership being in the coaching staff.

Oh gosh... I see issues but the fact that we won 13 games tells me we have a lot of really good things including leadership.

There was definitely a complete lack of focus by our best players. Look at who played the maybe their worse game of the season: Ram, Armstead, Lattimore and Brees. Jordan had a sack on a “give up play” but was mostly invisible relative to his standard.

The Vikings were animals playing for their life.

If the Saints run the ball they don't get the inside pressure on passing plays. Brain fart by Payton not sticking to their strength of a balance offense by running the ball a rely on the defense to make impact plays.

If the Saints run the ball they don't get the inside pressure on passing plays. Brain fart by Payton not sticking to their strength of a balance offense by running the ball a rely on the defense to make impact plays.
The Vikings were putting their DEs in to the DT position to get pressure on Brees. How do you not run right at that alignment is beyond me. High school QBs would know to check to the inside run. SP literally coached himself out of a victory.

From my own thread:

Now You See Why Seeding Doesn't Matter As Much As...

Being ready to play. YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO PLAY. You can't leave the game to the officials, you can't leave it up to unlucky bounces, you can't leave it to happenstance. You HAVE to do your part. You have to come ready to play the game! Can you imagine? You're 14-2, have the odds on favor league MVP, you are the #1 seed and have HFA throughout the playoffs and you get HOUSED at home on National TV a la the 2010 Falcons getting wrecked by the Packers.

This was supposed to be YOUR year. Maybe the players bought into the hype or maybe the Titans were just a better team today. Your team has to be ready to play at home or the road and bring the pain. Not wanting things outside your control to save you but to save yourself. This Titans team came READY TO PLAY. I think Derrick Henry might be my new favorite player outside of the Saints.

I came to the exact same conclusion. I was talking to media friends who told me that the feeling in the dome was like a regular season, noon kickoff game.

The absolute worse thing that happen to us was not getting the Bye, not because of rest, not because of automatically advancing to the Divisional round but because, just like me, just like the media, just like Vegas, just like most of the fans, the team went into the game assuming it was goin got be a walk away win and played like a regular season game while the Vikes played their Super Bowl against the unstoppable Saints.

I realize this is silly but winning 13 games hurt the Saints (if they didn’t get a bye) they may have come in more hungry if they didn’t think they were better then wild card weekend

I can't make myself believe that our team took the Vikings lightly. That doesn't compute to me. I think a week of rest and refocus would've helped a lot. I mean we were getting beat at the LOS on both sides of the ball. When that breaks down, nothing works.

The Vikings kept our offense off the field in the first half by running the ball on us at will. We needed to stop Cook and get our running game going. That missed FG before the half was big as well. Instead of being tied at 13, we were down 13-10. That in itself isn't much, but combined with Minny's TD drive after halftime... Now we're down 2 scores. From that point on, we had to play almost perfect football and instead of dictating the flow of the game, we're in catch up mode. In the end, we did what we had to do and got the game into overtime.

The 43 yard pass to Thielen in overtime was the dagger that did us in. I'd like to believe that if Lattimore wouldn't have gotten injured, that play doesn't happen. If so, could we have stopped them from scoring a TD? I don't know, but there's a good chance. It's all shoulda, woulda, coulda... In the dome, I felt like even though we had the momentum going into overtime, the team that won the coin toss was going to win the game. And sadly, that ended up being the case.

Last edited:
After a little time to deal with the loss I’m over it and can’t wait for next season already. I know we are better then what we showed last week. Can’t wait to see our boys redeem themselves.

OMG we've finally reached the posts of reason!
Thank you.'

The fact that this is a copy cat league, someone is going to find a bruiser like Derrick Henry and try to pound the ball into the ground. I just hope that team isn't us.

if houston and seattle win today, this playoffs will also tell me all you have to do is the play the saints in the regular season and you can make it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom