What this year playoffs tells me (1 Viewer)

It’s not a switch that can be flipped. Otherwise we would have just done it.

I think it benefits a team to be fighting until the last week (assuming they aren’t ate up with injuries) vs wrapping up the division a month in advance and limping in with injuries.

Why did we wear our Road white jerseys at home? Because we were already thinking about going on the road and having to win in green bay and SF to make the super bowl. We were not 100% focused on the Vikings and winning at home. That’s my opinion.

I can't make myself believe that our team took the Vikings lightly. That doesn't compute to me. I think a week of rest and refocus would've helped a lot. I mean we were getting beat at the LOS on both sides of the ball. When that breaks down, nothing works.

The Vikings kept our offense off the field in the first half by running the ball on us at will. We needed to stop Cook and get our running game going. That missed FG before the half was big as well. Instead of being tied at 13, we were down 13-10. That in itself isn't much, but combined with Minny's TD drive after halftime... Now we're down 2 scores. From that point on, we had to play almost perfect football and instead of dictating the flow of the game, we're in catch up mode. In the end, we did what we had to do and got the game into overtime.

The 43 yard pass to Thielen in overtime was the dagger that did us in. I'd like to believe that if Lattimore wouldn't have gotten injured, that play doesn't happen. If so, could we have stopped them from scoring a TD? I don't know, but there's a good chance. It's all shoulda, woulda, coulda... In the dome, I felt like even though we had the momentum going into halftime, the team that won the coin toss was going to win the game. And sadly, that ended up being the case.
But we DID NOT have the momentum going into halftime. We could’ve if not for the missed FG, but once the FG was missed the momentum was right back to Minn going into halftime.

Last edited:
But we DID NOT have the momentum going into halftime. We could’ve if not for the missed FG, but once the FG was missed the momentum was right back to Minn going into halftime.

I meant overtime... not halftime. thx. went and fixed it.

The loss to the Falcons should have told us that.
The fact we weren't focused coming off a bye week and lost to a 1-7 team. Then 8 weeks later aren't focused for a playoff game tells me we have a serious lack of leadership. Also, the manner in which we lost both games, being out coached, points to the lack of leadership being in the coaching staff.
I think we need a new Defensive Coordinator and defensive backs coach and hire Vilma as our new Linebackers coach . I for one would love to have Mike Singletary as our Def Coordinator .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom