What to do with Drew Brees? (2 Viewers)

An equally bad thought (if not worse) what to do when Payton retires. Will he go out with Brees??

I’m of the mindset of as long as #12 in the North is playing, #9 in the south will try to keep it going as well.
I don't think Drew will want to retire in the same year as Brady either, otherwise his HoF induction will be the Brady show.

I think people are too often stuck in the past thinking about how certain players drop off. The training techniques that are used today weren’t in existence 5 years ago in many cases. If you look at the way Drew and Kamara train it isn’t a conventional form that you and I might use. Drew may indeed play until he’s 45 as he once said.

all about the asymetrics

We haven't had a good..."what are we going to do with life after Drew Brees" post in a while.

Have you not been reading all the threads of Hill vs. Bridgewater being the heir apparent? Lol.

I hope, and I predict Brees plays next year, but I am watching and enjoying this year as if it's his last. If he were to hang it up, I would be all on board for the excitement of a Taysom Hill led offense. His ability to move the chains with his legs would compensate for the lack of experience, for now. Taysom is no Drew Brees, but he is exciting to watch.

That said, it will be a sad day when this debate actually matters.

IDK sadly I will probably watch games like I used to do with Texas games the past decade, by just watching not worrying what happens hoping for a win but not be surprised by a loss and not getting nervous about squandering the years of a HoF QB until we can find another HoF QB if we ever do.

DB will play as long as he wants . He will have the insight to when it's time to hang it up . Chances of finding another DB are slim but It's not absolutely a must that we find another HOF QB . SP is one of the best if not THE best offensive minds in the game . I think he knows that he has to build a stronger D and great O line and skilled positions to make that transition . I do think we will need a Good to very good QB to win a SB but a HOF one is not a must. I'm not saying that Hill is the answer but I do like his progress from last yr . And he does give you an added thing for D's to contend with , his legs . But we'll see who's available in the draft and FA next yr or the yr after

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom