What to watch for the rest of the way for Playoff Seeding (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Below are the biggest matchups remaining that could impact NFC playoff seeding:
  • Vikings at Seahawks, Monday night
  • 49ers at Saints, Dec. 8
  • Seahawks at Rams, Dec. 8
  • Vikings at Seahawks, Dec. 12 (MNF)
  • Seahawks at Panthers, Dec. 15 (TNF)
  • Cowboys at Eagles, Dec. 22
  • Rams at 49ers, Dec. 22
  • Packers at Vikings, Dec. 23
  • 49ers at Seahawks, Dec. 29
If you look at all the schedules that are left for all the NFC Contenders, the Saints - by far - have the easiest path to the #1 Seed. The Colts and Titans are not that good, and the Panthers are up and down. The Niners are our biggest test for the rest of the season, and we are at home against them. It won't be easy. They are a much better team than I thought they were.

Still, the Niners have to play 2 more tough games the rest of the way after us. We own the tie breaker on Seattle. I feel that Green Bay gives us the most threat for seeding.

Man, you got to love this time of the year! Playoffs are coming!

• Rams at 49ers, Dec. 22
If you look at all the schedules that are left for all the NFC Contenders, the Saints - by far - have the easiest path to the #1 Seed. The Colts and Titans are not that good, and the Panthers are up and down. The Niners are our biggest test for the rest of the season, and we are at home against them. It won't be easy. They are a much better team than I thought they were.

Still, the Niners have to play 2 more tough games the rest of the way after us. We own the tie breaker on Seattle. I feel that Green Bay gives us the most threat for seeding.

Man, you got to love this time of the year! Playoffs are coming!

The Colts are Jekyll and Hyde and the Titans have owned us. Take nothing lightly or say it’s ‘easy’. IMO.

The Colts are Jekyll and Hyde and the Titans have owned us. Take nothing lightly or say it’s ‘easy’. IMO.

Yeah, Colts and Titans are definitely one of those teams that can give you a fight. It just depends on what team shows up. Sometimes they are pushovers also. Knowing how teams play us, they will put up a fight.

These two matchups are what scare me the most. If we beat SF, I'll feel more confident for these matchups, but it could just as easily be a slippery slope the rest of the season.

Yeah, Colts and Titans are definitely one of those teams that can give you a fight. It just depends on what team shows up. Sometimes they are pushovers also. Knowing how teams play us, they will put up a fight.

I honestly can’t remember the last time we’ve beaten the Titans, or at least not struggled mightily against them. I was in attendance about a decade ago when we beat em there for a preseason game lol.

The seahawks don't play the Vikings a second time on December 12th

No, they don't. And 12 DEC is not a MNF game. In fact, it's not even a Monday.

09 DEC is, and MNF is Giants at Eagles, which isn't a yawner either since PHI is vying for a seed.

With four games left, all this seeding speculation is steamy :poop:.

• Rams at 49ers, Dec. 22

OMG, I have to root for the Rams? I'll have to wash that down with a lot of something strong.

I look at it this way...

If the 49-ers win out, they're the #1 seed (beating the Saints next week and beating Seattle in week 17)

If the Saints win out, they're the #1 seed (beating SF next week and owning the tie-breaker over Seattle).

If Seattle wins out and the Saints don't, they are the #1 seed (beating SF again in week 17).

Odds are, none of the above finish 14-2. lol

No, they don't. And 12 DEC is not a MNF game. In fact, it's not even a Monday.

09 DEC is, and MNF is Giants at Eagles, which isn't a yawner either since PHI is vying for a seed.

With four games left, all this seeding speculation is steamy :poop:.
These games came from an article. I just copied and pasted them, so anything that is wrong came from the author. lol.

In the last four games...the Saints lost to the Falcons and beat the Panthers (in New Orleans) on a last second FG. They are very capable of losing all of their last four games unless they play better, more consistent football.

In the last four games...the Saints lost to the Falcons and beat the Panthers (in New Orleans) on a last second FG. They are very capable of losing all of their last four games unless they play better, more consistent football.
This is true. But, we also have to consider that Coach is holding something back. And, these were Division games. Heck, the Niners almost lost to the Cardinals! Anything can happen in a Divisional game.

Couldn't have said this better, the Saints have cooled off from their early-season defensive dominance when we went undefeated with Bridgewater. We need to regain our swagger on D and the offense has to wake up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom