What upcoming game are you most excited about? (1 Viewer)

what is wootoff??

i have seen it mentioned but never bothered to look it up

wootoff is when woot does a warehouse dump. New deals one after the other for about 48 hours. Note the flashing lights and the quantity bar on the site. They happen every 2-3 months or so.

what is wootoff??

i have seen it mentioned but never bothered to look it up

As far as I can tell it's when Woot puts up a new item as soon as the last item sells out and each item is only up for a max of 12 hours. Usually, they only put up one item every 24 hours and when it sells out you are out of luck until the next item goes up 24 hours from the first item going up.

But, I still don't know what a "Banjo of Consolation" is.

As far as I can tell it's when Woot puts up a new item as soon as the last item sells out and each item is only up for a max of 12 hours. Usually, they only put up one item every 24 hours and when it sells out you are out of luck until the next item goes up 24 hours from the first item going up.

But, I still don't know what a "Banjo of Consolation" is.

When one item is sold another comes up instantly. It could be seconds. A "Banjo of Consolation" or "Bandolier of Carrots" or whatever they are calling it only means a "Bag of Crap". The website actually runs it through a program every time someone types "Bag of Crap" to come out as another 3 words that start with B.o.C. That Bag of Crap can contain anything and it only costs $5. You get at least 3 items and most of the time more but the value will exceed $5 nearly every time. They include LCD TV's from time to time and many other weird and sometimes awesome things in it. Opening it is a blast cause you have no idea what to expect. Once that BOC comes up though you have seconds to get it. Once it's gone you will read hundreds of pages of angry Wooters that have been up for days hitting F5 or using Wootalyzer trying to land a BOC. Watching Youtube videos of people pulling out $200 Roomba's and $300 Netbooks just feeds the addiction. It only happens once every few months as buzd said. Last one was in July.

Of course not. I'm cool. I'm hip. Really, I know about things like this. I listen to the Hipity Hop music. I'm not some old guy that has no idea what's going on.

No, I didn't know.:covri:

It was hard to tell, because that would be a pretty clever last line, even if you did know. It took me a while to figure it out, because their forums make it appear as if everyone is in on the joke, when it's really an automatic (and different) substitution whenever someone types BOC or any variation thereof.

do you guys go drink appletinis after you are done shopping???

do you guys go drink appletinis after you are done shopping???

Cat-1.gif

You talkin to me?

Yuck.

But I do currently have 9 woot monkeys in my office. :covri:

It was hard to tell, because that would be a pretty clever last line, even if you did know. It took me a while to figure it out, because their forums make it appear as if everyone is in on the joke, when it's really an automatic (and different) substitution whenever someone types BOC or any variation thereof.

I wish I could claim that it was a clever line. I have heard people talk about the BOC, but I never saw one so I never knew what it was. But, I only started going to Woot on a daily basis a couple months ago and I've never read the forums.

So, the wootalyzer guarantees you get a bag of crap? I'd like to get a bag of crap myself.

So, the wootalyzer guarantees you get a bag of crap? I'd like to get a bag of crap myself.

It doesn't, but it gives you an edge. It basically pushes F5 for you and plays an annoying noise when it's time. I've missed a few Bandoliers of Carrots even with the wootalyzer.

You stay away from my BOC you dirty thief
confused0066.gif

j/k

Set it up to play a warning when a BOC comes up AND to automatically open the "Buy" page when it comes up. Then, all you have to do is enter your 3 digit code on the card you put on file and wait for it to load and tell you if you got lucky. Reading what other people are opening from this wootoff from their BOC will drive you crazy till your comes in.

You stay away from my BOC you dirty thief
confused0066.gif

Man, I've been watching woot for a long time now. I might pull woot O.G. cred with you; I don't know how long you've been at it. YOU might be meddling with MY blue oyster cult. You never know.

I hope this sells out soon:

Attachments

• Portable_Sonar_Fish_Finder_2k6Standard.jpg
    Portable_Sonar_Fish_Finder_2k6Standard.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 44

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom