What useless talent/quirk do you possess? (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The wife and I were talking about this the other day, and I would be curious to see what other stupid/useless things people can do.

For example, when driving on roadtrips, to pass the time I've learned I can identify makes/models of on-coming traffic from ridiculous distances. My wife started keeping track of my accuracy. Once the vehicle becomes visible, I have 5 seconds to ID it. During the day, I'm about 90 percent accurate. The oddest thing is that my accuracy increases to about 93% at night.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Reading.
For instance, I can stand in front of someone's desk and scan every document on it in seconds while having a conversation and retain all of the information I read as well as what was discussed. I had a boss that figured out that I could do that and would turn everything over when I came near.
Work for the CIA??

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
I can track a woman's monthly cycle just from reading her posts on a message board.
Humm.... I have a knack for knowing when a man is exaggerating about his......um...... talents. :ezbill:

I have that too, its called hitchhikers thumb. Its a genetically recessive trait like a widows peak on your forehead or red hair. Since its recessive one of your grandparents on each side of your family likely would have had it if not all of them. Possibly one or both of your parents also.
So, somewhere up the line, you, DD, Paul, antipop and I could be related?

I can still do the right and left split (not the straddle) and a backbend. I was able to walk on my hands, but I haven't tried in a long time. Think I will. If I'm not back soon, scratch that one ..... and call 911.

Saintlady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I can track a woman's monthly cycle just from reading her posts on a message board.
LMAO!

I have a unique squeal/squeak I make, it just comes out when I have the hiccups or for some other odd reason.

I"ve scared people before. :(

I heard my son's friend about a month ago several rooms away yell out, "WHAT was that?" after I had one.

It's similar to the noise I make when laughing uncontrollably(nona knows that sound) :covri:

Bundok Saint

All-Weather Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My powers of multiplication are without equal.

3 x 3 = 9
4 x 5 = 20

The above was done without the use of a calculator. I kid you not!

Seriously :D, though, I have a pretty good sense of direction. I just need to go someplace once and then I'll always know how to get there (I'm sure others do this as well so maybe not really a unique talent). I tend to always know which way are the Cardinal Directions (N, S, E, W) without visual cues (sun, stars, etc.) and indoors. Therefore, I'm never afraid of getting lost as I can always find my way back.

Being Asian, I can usually tell what nationalities other Asians are (no, they're not all Chinese). Again, I'm sure others, even non-Asians, can do this as well, so nothing really unique.

Saintvan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I can catch a stack of quarters from my elbow into my hand. Taught myself how to do that after watching a Happy Days episode with that 'skill' in it.

RiverCitySaint

Nerf herder
Reaction score
LMAO!
I have a unique squeal/squeak I make
Prove it :)
Is this the same sound you make when you see a lizard? No, I did not forget about that !!! LOL

" Being Asian, I can usually tell what nationalities other Asians are (no, they're not all Chinese). Again, I'm sure others, even non-Asians, can do this as well, so nothing really unique. Today 06:55 PM"

I can usually tell which Asian country one's family is from by the shape of the eyes..They vary from each nation.

Last edited:

Saintlady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Prove it :)
Is this the same sound you make when you see a lizard? No, I did not forget about that !!! LOL
That's a different one, more like a crazy woman yelling. :covri:

I can catch a stack of quarters from my elbow into my hand. Taught myself how to do that after watching a Happy Days episode with that 'skill' in it.
Oh, I remember that, and I can do it too. :)

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can sense when someone is near me. When I was younger I could tell when my mom was walking down the hall. That came in handy. :covri:

I also have an internal alarm clock that never fails, unlike Cozmo Kramer.

Last edited:

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
I can listen to my girlfriend talk on and on and on without actually hearing a word she says.

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
Also, if we have 2 different times set on our alarm clock and hers is before mine I can sleep through hers without ever noticing it went off and yet get right up when mine goes off even though they make the exact same sound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom