What useless talent/quirk do you possess? (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The wife and I were talking about this the other day, and I would be curious to see what other stupid/useless things people can do.

For example, when driving on roadtrips, to pass the time I've learned I can identify makes/models of on-coming traffic from ridiculous distances. My wife started keeping track of my accuracy. Once the vehicle becomes visible, I have 5 seconds to ID it. During the day, I'm about 90 percent accurate. The oddest thing is that my accuracy increases to about 93% at night.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can text faster than my 14 year old son.
I can also instantaneously forget everything my wife said during a conversation before it ends.

blackngoldmike

DTR
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can use my big toes and the second toes on each foot in very useful ways. I can pick up clothes or anything laying on the floor up to about 20 pounds or so and I also use them to pinch my wife all the time. When we are just sitting around in the house, we will have thumb wars, except I use my toes and I easily win.

Samhain

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can stand with my feet twisted all the way backwards. I also have the double jointed thumb thing...Dads you must have been very prolific in your youth:)

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i used to be able to tell what Gilligan's Island episode was coming on before the opening credits finished running.

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
I tend to predict accurately what football commemtators are going to say after a play

also, im utterly emotionless and apathetic towards other human beings outside of my family.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I haven't worn a watch since Jr. High. It doesn't matter if it is day or night, it doesn't matter what I'm doing but I can always get within 15 minutes.

I wake up at 6:45 just about every day. My alarm goes off at 6:50.

I know what my balance in my checking account is within $100 and I'm never the one that balances it. May not sound like much but my business account sees about 9 deposits a week between credit cards, direct deposits from insurance companies and paper deposits plus about 60 withdrawals of some sort.

What does all of this mean?
I still have a clock on my home phone, my cell phone, my fax machine, my PC, laptop, stove, DVD, televisions, car radio, vcr, dvd recorder and several clocks in the house.

I still own an alarm clock and half the time I have to go back into the bedroom to turn it off because I forget.

I still pay someone to do all the books and still double check them.

TPS

Reaction score
You could... but isn't it better that you don't-- because then why would you ever leave the house?? :dunno:
Oh. I was talking about having extra long arms (knuckles don't drag the ground though) and the ability to touch ceilings, fans, shelves, etc. despite the fact that I am a hair under 6'.

TPS

'79 Saints

Reaction score
I can catch a stack of quarters from my elbow into my hand. Taught myself how to do that after watching a Happy Days episode with that 'skill' in it.
I used to do that too, because of that episiode.. if I tried it today it would resemble that Southwest Airlines commerical when that guys dumps all that change into the bank drive through "shuttle"

I do, however, have this knack for interior decorating... probably stems from my OCD issues :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom