What useless talent/quirk do you possess? (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The wife and I were talking about this the other day, and I would be curious to see what other stupid/useless things people can do.

For example, when driving on roadtrips, to pass the time I've learned I can identify makes/models of on-coming traffic from ridiculous distances. My wife started keeping track of my accuracy. Once the vehicle becomes visible, I have 5 seconds to ID it. During the day, I'm about 90 percent accurate. The oddest thing is that my accuracy increases to about 93% at night.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh. I was talking about having extra long arms (knuckles don't drag the ground though) and the ability to touch ceilings, fans, shelves, etc. despite the fact that I am a hair under 6'.

TPS

I thought you were talking about something completely different-- it's probably best that I don't specify. :covri:

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
Oh, and my wife says that I have an uncanny knack for pinpointing who or what a person looks like, in a matter of 10 seconds from meeting them.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that most (sighted) people can tell what a person looks like within 10 seconds of meeting them too. :dunno:

:mwink:

For example, CT Saints looks like a hamhock.
That chick looks like a chimpanzee.

Etc., etc. etc.

:hihi:

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
My little cousin's birthmark is a gray eyelash that curls up very tight, but when he pulls it, it's about a foot long. He cuts it, but it grows back in a matter of days. No one ever notices it until he says, "hey, look at this".

CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
My little cousin's birthmark is a gray eyelash that curls up very tight, but when he pulls it, it's about a foot long. He cuts it, but it grows back in a matter of days. No one ever notices it until he says, "hey, look at this".

So your "talent" is that you are related to someone with a "talent?" And was this also before your gastrointestinal problems?

St. Greatness

Tartar Sauce!!!
Reaction score
Umm.....let's see...my list is pretty long:

I can indefinately crack my both of my wrists and both of my big toes (this always seems to freak people out, especially my dad).

I also can sense when other people are around me without looking.

I can touch my nose with my tounge.

I can wiggle both of my ears without having to move my eyebrows up first (you'd be surprised at how many people can't do that).

I can make sounds exactly like a firetruck's siren.

I can also whistle sounds that sound like a police car's siren (it freaks the crap out of people because they think it's real, so I don't do it very often in public).

I can make both the sound of air going into a fighter jet's intake and the exhaust coming from the rear.

I'm good with making explosion sounds (hence how I can do the jet exhaust thing).

I can sound like a propeller-driven airplane.

I can sound like a motorcycle.

I can sound like a drag racer.

I can sound like a helicopter.

There's probably some more things that I can do, but I can't remember everything right now. I'll add them later.

Also, on a side note, I know it may seem like I have no life, but I don't practice doing any of these things;They come naturally and I can do them at will. So, yeah, what I'm trying to say is, I do have a life, it's just that I have these wierd talents that I can do (and will do) at random.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For some reason I know what time it is, within a couple of minutes, without looking at a clock.
Also I can pop my elbows simultaneously.
I can wake up from a dead sleep and know what time it is within 10 minutes probably 90% of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom