What was that Giants DE thinking? (1 Viewer)

You'd think that was the dumbest thing ever, but what you see is the result of the modern NFL's QB rules. If Young HAD thrown the ball, and he gets taken down, anyone want to bet that he get's a 15-yard flag.

+++++++1000000

All in fun, LC. I wrestled with the decision to post it, but after your second annointing of Young on the thread, I thought, "what the heck".

You may now mark off the 15 yards. :hihi:

Haha, it's all good. I was just screwing around. Losing to the aggies... argh.

I saw that Perreria spot and he said you must slide your head to the side or you must cradle the qb to the ground.....

WTH? next thing you know, there's gonna be a rule that you have to spoon with them, too.

in all fairness to him, he got a "roughing the passer" on carr last week, so when he thought the ball was released he let up, to prevent getting another flag...

chalk this up as a case of the "rules" messing with gameplay, he erred on the side of caution and it burned him bad

The Giants had other chances to stop that drive. Nobody made a play. It's like blaming Bartman for the Cubs, or Buckner for the Red Sox. I agree that he was probably afraid to hang on too long and let him hit the ground for fear of a flag.

I blame Burress a lot more for not coming back to that INT ball.

Guns don't kill people. Vince Young kills People.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Vince Young allows to live.
Vince Young does not sleep. He waits.
The chief export of Vince Young is Pain.
There is no chin under Vince Young's Beard. There is only another fist.
Vince Young has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.
The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Vince Young 3. Cancer
Vince Young drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.
Vince Young doesn't go hunting.... VINCE YOUNG GOES KILLING

That play was not why the Giants lost.

The Giants lost because Eli played terribly and threw one of the worst INT's you'll ever see.

I feel sorry for this kid. He was just trying to do the right thing. Now he'll get the blame when it really wasn't his fault for the loss.
Their D gave up 24 points to the Titans in the 4th, no? I haven't watched that game yet, but I willing to bet it was an entire team meltdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom