What was that Giants DE thinking? (1 Viewer)

Me too. This is a result of some of the highest paid individuals (QBs) in the league being treated like flowers on the field. Although that's easy to say when I'm not getting trucked by speedy linemen.

I actually saw head official Mike Perreria justify to Rich Eisen on NFL.com an unbelievable call that ended up being called roughing the passer. It was a few weeks back in which a rusher tackled a QB, who still had the ball in his hand, but had all his weight land on the QB as he brought him down. Perreira said it was rightfully called roughing the passer because the defender should have turned his body in mid-air to avoid coming down with his entire body weight on the QB. I know this is a business and QB's are a big part of this league, but I honestly think that as the salaries keep rising, one day we'll eventually see a "touch-only" rule voted in for QB's.

I heard on ESPN he was quoted as saying he thought he heard a whistle. 382 is right. With the league babying the QB's so much, he was probably thinking he better let go or he'd get called for a 15-yard penalty.

This is so true, dumbest play ever is still the Dwane Rudd taking off the felmet fiasco to lose the game for the Cleveland Browns.

I saw that Perreria spot and he said you must slide your head to the side or you must cradle the qb to the ground. I could not believe my ears. Also, he said that it was the right call and it will allways be the right call. He said they will do whatever they have to do to protect the qb's. What a bunch of bs. A player at full speed does not have time to mentally process that info in time. The play in question with the Titans, I believed that he was scared of a penalty also and the rule changes should be blamed for that. I do like that head referees segment on the NFL network Total Access. You will learn rules you never knew existed.

BS but then again ....What if the Saints were the Titans and we won. BS but a win none the less.

Take it with a grain guys....

I don't like obvious holds and obvious PI but the league generally pans out call wise. Its the field they play on across the board and I don't like it sometimes but it is what it is.

BS yes.

That play was not why the Giants lost.

The Giants lost because Eli played terribly and threw one of the worst INT's you'll ever see.

I feel sorry for this kid. He was just trying to do the right thing. Now he'll get the blame when it really wasn't his fault for the loss.

I believe the ref should have blown the whistle, as Young was in the grasp. Next time that same DE will destroy the QB in his grasp, resulting in a injury. The refs can't have it both ways. If they are going to call a PF everytime a defensive player has a QB in the grasp and takes him down and not call it on occassion when the player has him and then lets go. Its not right in my opinion. Should have been down, period.

i thought that he was afraid to spear into him the ground....and cost his team a bogus 'roughing thr passer' call ...

thats could be what happened, i was worried we were going to get a cheap roughing call when hollis thomas level vick on that dropped pass to white

That play was not why the Giants lost.

The Giants lost because Eli played terribly and threw one of the worst INT's you'll ever see.

I feel sorry for this kid. He was just trying to do the right thing. Now he'll get the blame when it really wasn't his fault for the loss.

The Giants lost because of Plaxico Burress. Worst effort from a pro I've ever seen. I would have cut him as soon as the game was over.

The Giants lost because of Plaxico Burress. Worst effort from a pro I've ever seen. I would have cut him as soon as the game was over.

No one even commented on that particular play in any of the post game shows I've watched. Burress didn't even make an effort to try to stop that pass from being intercepted. The sad thing is this isn't the first time Burress has given up on a play. If he was on the Saints, I guarantee you Payton would have benched him.

The Giants lost because the Titans have the future of football at quarterback.

Dang, Cannon. I gotta give it to you for staying aggressive with your love of all-things-Texas-Longhorns, especially after dropping one to the Aggies this weekend.

Low blow. 15 yard penalty.

All in fun, LC. I wrestled with the decision to post it, but after your second annointing of Young on the thread, I thought, "what the heck".

You may now mark off the 15 yards. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom