What was that Giants DE thinking? (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
4th down, he has Young in his grasp, game over. He just lets him go, and Young scrambles for a 1st down, Giants lose. I've never seen anything that bad, well except for Roddy White's drop today. It was Matthias Kiwunuka (sp), worst play ever?

nm beat me to it. I thought the same to that the DE thought Vince had thrown the ball away .but that was dumb on the part of the Giants player

Last edited:
Well look around, he just let go and turned around.

Last edited:
i thought that he was afraid to spear into him the ground....and cost his team a bogus 'roughing thr passer' call ...

You'd think that was the dumbest thing ever, but what you see is the result of the modern NFL's QB rules. If Young HAD thrown the ball, and he gets taken down, anyone want to bet that he get's a 15-yard flag.

He must feel pretty bad right now, guarantee he slams the next qb he grabs.

he took the Titans on the money line?

I heard on ESPN he was quoted as saying he thought he heard a whistle. 382 is right. With the league babying the QB's so much, he was probably thinking he better let go or he'd get called for a 15-yard penalty.

I heard on ESPN he was quoted as saying he thought he heard a whistle. 382 is right. With the league babying the QB's so much, he was probably thinking he better let go or he'd get called for a 15-yard penalty.

When I first saw it I thought the same thing. That he was scared he'd get a penalty for roughing the passer so he let go. With the way the league wants to protect quarterbacks and the refs throwing a flag if you even touch a QB I'm surprised you don't see plays like this happening more often.

When I first saw it I thought the same thing. That he was scared he'd get a penalty for roughing the passer so he let go. With the way the league wants to protect quarterbacks and the refs throwing a flag if you even touch a QB I'm surprised you don't see plays like this happening more often.

Sad isn't it.

/12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom