What Was The Best Decade To Grow Up In?? (1 Viewer)

'70s and '80s, because you got to see "Star Wars" in theatres and before Lucas could screw it up, too.

Princess Leia in that bikini armor thingy. I felt something I never had felt before then. Was this the force?

its ok right now... i liked the 90's better though. from about 94-99 was some of the best times of my life. i bet growing up in the 70's was better though

The 1970's. We were the beneficiaries of the 1960's civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, the drug culture, and the anti-war movement - and we didn't have to work for any of it. It was just handed to us.

Media was exploding in every direction. Music was never better. Hollywood found courage. It was halter tops and hip-huggers, and guys with long hair. The legal drinking age was 18, which meant that if you could drive or get a ride to Louisiana that was good enough.

And best of all - It was a world without AIDS.

I would say the 60's. Best music ever and revolution against the "perfect" lifestyle of the 50's.

Why the 60's were great for me:

Malts at K&B
Frostop burgers
Haircuts at Mr. Tony's
Pizza at Ciro's
Walking to the Hill Store(then Winn Dixie) for groceries
Neighborhood games of kick the can
Playing pool at the Cromwells
Older sisters getting fussed at for coming home after a dance with holes in their socks/stockings
Our F-85
Picking plums from the plum tree and figs from the fig trees
Hopping fence after fence in the neighborhood and nobody minding
Pontchartrain Beach
Righteous Brothers
Peter Paul and Mary
The Beatles
Smothers Brothers
Bill Cosby
Bowling in the basement at Tulane
Being in the endzone for the first Saints game
And the list goes on...

I liked growing up in the 70's and 80's. Out the door at sun up, back in the door at sundown. Playing on the bayou, carrying a .22 around in the woods, riding motorcycles, bicycles, skateboards. Dirty, dirty fun. No PC's, no Playstations, no Xboxes. Just a little MTV in between (when they played decent music, or music at all for that matter). Gas was $0.80 a gallon, riding around at 17 in a big block Trans Am. No worries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom