What was the best Saints team ever? (1 Viewer)

What was the best Saints team ever?

• 2009, They got a ring end of story.

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • 2011, scorched the league and were robbed in the Playoffs. Offensive juggernaut.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • 2018 Best team in the league but had the infamous ref no call NFCCG

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Other, any of the Dome Patrol teams.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The offense was the best ever, 4 great WR's, 2 great RB's, all-world Guards and the rest of the O-line was good.

The defense was not full of great-looking players on paper, but they had a leader (Vilma), an identity, and a plan (turnovers) which was coached and implemented successfully. Also, I have always thought that a defense is usually as good as its #2 CB, and that team had the best #2 CB (he did it to Farve and he did it to Manning).

The offense was the best ever, 4 great WR's, 2 great RB's, whole O-line was great.

The defense was not full of great-looking players on paper, but they had a leader (Vilma), an identity, and a plan (turnovers) which was coached and implemented successfully. Also, I have always thought that a defense is usually as good as its #2 CB, and that team had the best #2 CB (he did it to Farve and he did it to Manning).

Those guards were my favorite guards in the history of my watching football. Also, Porter was very clutch imo. He was not shut down imo but the most clutch we’ve had. Think my favorite corner we’ve ever had is Greer. Off topic there I know. Can’t remember if Jabari was our 1 or 2. If he was our 2 then he gets my vote for best 2 we’ve had.

2009 O better than 2011? If we are going units, 2009 most opportunistic D we’ve ever had by far.
Well I changed it to 2019 defense because the defense was great during the 5 games and held it is own for most of the season. I chose the 2009 because of how EVERYONE was contributing, not by individual numbers alone. I like Mike Bell, Reggie Bush, Dave Thomas, Jeremy Shockey, and others too I can't remember right now. I mean the 2011 put up some better numbers, but 2009 offense was special with EVERY player on there.

The trophy case says 2009. Anything else is opinion.

It’s def a good point. My opinion tho we were just stronger in 2011. It takes so much to go right and bounce your way to win it all, and we got all of those bounces in 2009.

Until another team wins a title, 2009 is the answer. How could it not be? Look at the Warriors, who broke the single-season record with 73 wins but lost the title in Game 7. They can't be in the convo of best team ever UNLESS you throw in the caveat or qualifier of "regular season".

It don't mean a thing if you don't with the ring. That's the common refrain of a lot of pundits and it's hard to argue with it. You can say which team had the best offense, defense, or special team but if you don't win the title, you can't be considered a better team than one which did. that's my 2¢.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom