What was the greatest comedy of all time. (2 Viewers)

Also Young Frankenstein is a better movie
The funniness of each is a matter of taste (both are hysterical), but structurally YF is an actual movie (and a good one), whereas the others lean more on the bits than try to tell a complete story
Agree, but I'll mention two others: My Cousin Vinnie and The In-laws ( with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin).

Mel is a genius. He's immune to remakes.

I think the most I’ve ever laughed in a movie was planes trains automobiles

Most ive ever laughed in a movie theater was at a preview screening for a comedy documentary called The Aristocrats... NOT The AristoCATS cartoon, which is very, very different.. If you have a dark, twisted, sick sense of humor like i do, then you can check it out- it’s streaming on Prime, and on TubiTV.. but whatever you do, dont watch it in mixed company, like with family or anyone who’s easily offended.. I’m not saying it’s the funniest movie ever made, I’m saying that the entire place was non-stop convulsing with laughter just becuase of how gross and shocking it was.

I think the most I’ve ever laughed in a movie was planes trains automobiles
Damn you took my answer. The first time I saw that movie I was rolling laughing. I still watch it with my daughter every Thanksgiving.

Other good ones not mentioned yet:
Office Space
Friday
Rushmore
Princess Bride
Breakfast Club

and of course Clue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom