What was the greatest comedy of all time. (1 Viewer)

Liar Liar, Tommy Boy, There’s Something About Mary, Team America are among my favorites.
I remember laughing WAY too hard at Team America ... at least at one scene. And I also can't say "Matt Damon" in the regular way.

I always enjoyed Tommy Boy, especially the road trip part.

Liar Liar is iconic for its outtakes.

I could name so many movies. But the best had to be blazing saddles. The mongo part, and Gene Wilder were great. God that was a great movie
If someone put that thread of yours where it was suggested REO SPeedwagon and Styx were the greatest bands of all time, you could have a winner, but never as good as some of those football posts.

I remember laughing WAY too hard at Team America ... at least at one scene. And I also can't say "Matt Damon" in the regular way.

I always enjoyed Tommy Boy, especially the road trip part.

Liar Liar is iconic for its outtakes.
As a joke, that's how my wife and I say "Matt Ryan" every time we play the Falcons. haha.

National Lampoons
SpaceBalls
Another vote for Liar Liar
Another for Mrs. Doubtfire
And of course Groundhog Day
Caddyshack is a classic

Several good mentions here. I need a Dumb and Dumber rewatch.

Caddy Shack
Spaceballs
Billy Madison
Blazing Saddles
Tommy Boy
Nation Lampoons

Far too many to pick from.... and I'll be so upset that I forgot a few... and I'm assuming movies, not plays.

Blazing Saddles, History of the World Part 1, Space Balls, and Robinhood Men in Tights (I'm sure I'd like the older Mel Brooks movies, and I now own them, but I haven't seen them enough to rankt hem)

Christmas Vacation - Probably also a top 3 holiday movie, but quotable and funny.

Happy Gilmore

Wedding Crashers

American Pie

Duece Bigelow, Male Gigalo

Major Payne

Coming to America

Liar Liar (I know others are more popular, but probably Jim Carey's finest work)

Anchor Man

Scary Movie

Mrs. Doubtfire (even though it is also very real and sad, but Williams has jokes between jokes, inside jokes. I catch a new one every time I watch it). Similar to Good Morning Vietnam.. hilarious, but also sad.

Dodgeball (Zoolander is a distant Second for Stiller movies). Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge.

Super Troopers

I haven't seen it in a while, but City Slickers always made me laugh

Stripes

School of Rock - Honestly, that movie was written for Jack Black... "who's your favorite band? Puff Daddy! Wrong!!!" haha.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Galaxy Quest

Beverly Hills Cop I and II

Office Space - Sad, but true.

There's something about Mary (reminds me, I need to watch this again)

Austin Powers

I really liked Clerks, but it's not everyone's cup of tea

The Heat.

Ok, that's enough for now. haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom