What was the greatest comedy of all time. (1 Viewer)

as funny as Bad Santa?
Bad Santa was funny. Fargo. Loved Fargo.
I have no clue how a person picks the best comedy. I would need parameters, I would need a decade. Is it because it's quotable? Beverly Hills cop had so man great quotes that I still use today, same with Spaceballs.

Bad Santa was funny. Fargo. Loved Fargo.
I have no clue how a person picks the best comedy. I would need parameters, I would need a decade. Is it because it's quotable? Beverly Hills cop had so man great quotes that I still use today, same with Spaceballs.
and herein lies the 'issue' with these types of threads
no one defines their terms in the OP

the paradox is that when someone does define their terms the thread might go a page and a half
when they leave it nebulous, the threads go on for pages and pages and pages

all of this is to say that Arthur is not the greatest comedy of all time

Mr. Woodcock. That movie is just hilarious.

I was an extra in that movie.. ive never seen it though.. i played a cop in a parade scene where Susan Sarandon is riding on a float(?) That’s all i remember.. Oh, and at one point i somehow wound up in the wrong place and held up the float from rolling, i looked up and Sarandon was giving me the death stare, like ‘You freaking moron, please get out of the way’…. Good times.

All of you that said Blazing Saddles, prepare to be cancelled.
I have heard multiple comedians and comedy actors/directors talk about how wokeness is ruining comedy.

and herein lies the 'issue' with these types of threads
no one defines their terms in the OP

the paradox is that when someone does define their terms the thread might go a page and a half
when they leave it nebulous, the threads go on for pages and pages and pages

all of this is to say that Arthur is not the greatest comedy of all time

here I was thinking this is a really sensible post. These threads are just about conversation more than destination, etc…. And then you went too far. On the other hand

tenor.gif

All of you that said Blazing Saddles, prepare to be cancelled.
I have heard multiple comedians and comedy actors/directors talk about how wokeness is ruining comedy.
and essentially all of it amounts to 'kids these days'
not much different than how they attacked sacred cows when they were young and up and coming

starts in at around the 6 minute mark - really gets going at 9:30

Seth Rogen saying similar things

and essentially all of it amounts to 'kids these days'
not much different than how they attacked sacred cows when they were young and up and coming

starts in at around the 6 minute mark - really gets going at 9:30

Seth Rogen saying similar things

Meh, its not about "jokes not aging well" its about censorship.
Too bad Patrice O'Neal is dead. Would love to have seen him debate Seth Rogan on this.

maybe NSFW even though this was a cable news broadcast.

Meh, its not about "jokes not aging well" its about censorship.
Too bad Patrice O'Neal is dead. Would love to have seen him debate Seth Rogan on this.

maybe NSFW even though this was a cable news broadcast.

on balance i would argue it's way more about consequence than censorship - like ACTUAL censorship
i'm not going to say censorship never happens, but i'd say it's more in the statistical realm of false rape claims - it exists, but nowhere near often enough to throw doubt on actual abuse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom