What was the greatest comedy of all time. (1 Viewer)

David why do feel disrespected? Can you explain why it’s so important to you to declare things best, whether it be songs and bands or movies? Variety is the spice of the internet.

Strangely enough I don’t think a single post on this thread was critical of him at all, so I think the best thing to do is keep on talking about funny movies.

One of the funniest movies I ever saw in the theater was the South Park movie, the whole place was roaring with laughter. I’m not sure that’s a movie you can just watch over and over, seems more of a in the moment thing. Same with Borat - I saw that in the theater and was practically in tears laughing. I wouldn’t say those are my favorite comedies but huge laughs the first time you see them.

I'm about to the point where I don't even know why I post. Most of you seem so shallow and unknowegeable. That's just the way I see it. I could bring up everybody loves Raymond. Animal house. Stripes. Caddyshack. Foul play. Seems like old times. Who's on first by abbot and Costello
. Gallagher. George carlin. Rodney dangerfield. Hogan's heroes. Bosom buddies. I could go on and on. I know yall won't listen to me. All yall ever do is bash me. I am not an idiot. I have 2 college degrees. I have studied all kinds of subjects like science,. Yall keep dogging me. I am almost 58 years old. I have studied so many subjects. Whatever. I respect all of you but I know you don't respect me. I try to give my best analysis on everything I post but you don't listen. I know it's because I am a Christian and you don't respect that. I have lived a long time. I know so much in knowledge. I could name so much great music, comedies, sitcoms, and other great things. I know yall won't listen to me. Whatever. I have tried to be a great poster of knowledge on this board. All my experience and knowledge. But yall have shown you don't respect me in the slightest degree. I have a great deal of knowledge. It may not be what you think. But its just opinion. You disagree. I could say the same about your own opinions. I just don't understand why yall bash me. I count most of you as brothers. I don't understand why yall disrespect me like this. I respect yalls views. That's why I keep coming to this board. Whatever. I have learned yall don't like my posts. I won't promise I will never post again. But I now know you don't respect me.

In all seriousness, you may need to seek therapy.
I didn't read anything in this thread that was an attack on you, and if you took comments that way, you may have a larger issue that needs to be addressed.
I am not a health professional, but I am surprised at your reaction to the comments on this thread and it does not seem like a normal reaction.

Praying for you brother.

Very few movies mentioned that I'm not high on.

Another movie that I've always liked is Zorro the Gay Blade with Richard Hamilton, Lauren Hutton, Brenda Vacarro and Rob Leibman. It's very hard to find.

Friday!!! I don't believe I have seen that movie mentioned yet!

40 Year Old Virgin
Friday
Stripes
Something About Mary
Hot Fyzz
Trading Places
Caddyshack
Anchorman
Hangover

Sorry bored at work today.

Last edited:
Very few movies mentioned that I'm not high on.

Another movie that I've always liked is Zorro the Gay Blade with Richard Hamilton, Lauren Hutton, Brenda Vacarro and Rob Leibman. It's very hard to find.

Love at first bite with GEORGE Hamilton was pretty funny also.

I'm about to the point where I don't even know why I post. Most of you seem so shallow and unknowegeable. That's just the way I see it. I could bring up everybody loves Raymond. Animal house. Stripes. Caddyshack. Foul play. Seems like old times. Who's on first by abbot and Costello
. Gallagher. George carlin. Rodney dangerfield. Hogan's heroes. Bosom buddies. I could go on and on. I know yall won't listen to me. All yall ever do is bash me. I am not an idiot. I have 2 college degrees. I have studied all kinds of subjects like science,. Yall keep dogging me. I am almost 58 years old. I have studied so many subjects. Whatever. I respect all of you but I know you don't respect me. I try to give my best analysis on everything I post but you don't listen. I know it's because I am a Christian and you don't respect that. I have lived a long time. I know so much in knowledge. I could name so much great music, comedies, sitcoms, and other great things. I know yall won't listen to me. Whatever. I have tried to be a great poster of knowledge on this board. All my experience and knowledge. But yall have shown you don't respect me in the slightest degree. I have a great deal of knowledge. It may not be what you think. But its just opinion. You disagree. I could say the same about your own opinions. I just don't understand why yall bash me. I count most of you as brothers. I don't understand why yall disrespect me like this. I respect yalls views. That's why I keep coming to this board. Whatever. I have learned yall don't like my posts. I won't promise I will never post again. But I now know you don't respect me.

We all have preferences and interpretations of what is an isn't funny, or what makes for great music. I mean, I've watched Groundhog Day, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, Rat Race, Young Frankenstein, The Jerk, Napolean Dynamite, Trinity is Still My Name, A Fish Called Wanda and Monty Python's Holy Grail at least 5 times ea., but found Blazing Saddles boring. I love classic 70's rock but never cared for either Skynrd or the Allman Bros. I was more into Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Doobie Brothers, Boston, Queen, Chicago (If you want to call that classic rock), Eagles, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, etc.

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean that we think that you are dumb, it just means we disagree with your taste in music and comedy.

Being honest, I find you to be rather eccentric, and not in a bad way. However, that is ok, as it makes you interesting.

BTW - Even smart people sometimes say dumb things on message boards that are also against the rules. Like "Most of you seem so shallow and unknowegeable."

Notice all the I statements? Try to see things from someone else's viewpoint once in awhile. Personally, I find some of your redundant threads hilarious, and it makes me think, that you can't see it any other way, but yours.

I admit my lock on Nirvana being the best band of all time, maybe a little opinionated, but who doesn't have one? The Beatles seem to be the best band of all time, if the majority of the websites that rate bands are a factor, but I don't write those websites, and say, you don't respect Nirvana. Maybe someone else did that for me, who knows? lol

Most people are selfish and can only do things for their benefit, why not look at your threads, and the comments as what they are, people's opinions, not personal attacks. If you view things from other people's perspectives once in awhile, you may find yourself a little more balanced in life.

It maybe true that the Christian perspective is singled out by some posters on here, as a plague that must be stopped, but the Bible doesn't necessarily compliment non-believer's intelligence.

You are not acting like a 58 year when you make posts like the one I'm replying to, it sounds like more of what a 16 year old would say. You are better than this David, grow up, and act like a grown man.

With that said, I like your threads, and encourage you to post more, but you need to let people speak their mind, and it may not agree with what you believe. This is life.

1623363074250.png

That’s some DadsDream level self victimizing right there

So the whole purpose of these threads is to gain....respect? I always thought the purpose of a thread was to illicit interesting and funny, but sometimes serious discussion (back and forth if you will)....by that measure they are certainly successful....

There are so many. My most recent favorite is O Brother Where Art Thou.

However I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a movie than I did at The Exorcist (because it was so fake to me). Alcohol may have been involved.

I do not think this is the greatest comedy of all time

but this scene is the longest and loudest I’ve ever laughed in a movie theater

I have no idea why I found it so funny but I was still chuckling about it ten minutes later

There are so many. My most recent favorite is O Brother Where Art Thou.

However I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a movie than I did at The Exorcist (because it was so fake to me). Alcohol may have been involved.
i did not grow up catholic and only got mu first communion right before going to jesuit, so while most of my friends just had bible teaching go in one ear and out the other since they'd heard it since they were in diapers; i DEEPLY felt every part of what the bible/priests said
needless to say i was terrified of the devil - and possession movies messed me up for a long time

I do not think this is the greatest comedy of all time

but this scene is the longest and loudest I’ve ever laughed in a movie theater

I have no idea why I found it so funny but I was still chuckling about it ten minutes later

hate to be a 'book is so much better guy, but..."

but i'll take this opportunity to thread jack and mention a ridiculously funny movie that should have way more acclaim than it does

(trailer doesn't do it justice)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom