What was up with Drew's passes tonight? (1 Viewer)

Besides the turnovers, what was up with his passes tonight? Hurt arm? Old age? The elements? I counted 5 dead ducks tonight, and 1 alone is rare, but 5? I would honestly like to know because it was concerning.

Remember Manning's last season, he didn't start the season playing poorly, but just one game a flip switched and the Old Manning was gone and in came the guy who had to have his team carry him rather than the other way around.

Should we start looking for a pattern?

bahahah Manning sucked from jump street his last year. Some of the post you read here about things like that will literally blow your mind.

Matter of fact in Peyton's first 8 games of his last year he threw more Touchdowns than Interceptions only twice out of those 8 games, he completed less than 60% 3 times in those 8 games, he had a QBR over 75 once, and had 8 touchdowns to 17 interceptions lol

It was clear he was done from the opening kickoff

I think any lack of speed on his passes had to do with a small pocket, limited throwing windows and some caution after the sack-fumble. He seemed to be a little physically constrained in the small pocket, unable to engage his full, normal motion. He did complete about 80% of his passes, probably 75% if you exclude the final 26 seconds, so I don't think he's injured a la a few years ago. Who knows? Meanwhile, Newton was 14 of 33. Wow.

Short week. That is all.

Also, thanks Commish for giving Carolina a home game before a Thursday HOME game. We have played the AWAY thursday game every year since the commish railroaded our Superbowl team.

It had nothing to do with Goodell, it is Howard Cosell. He makes the schedule. They have done all division games for mostly TNF and NO went to Carolina because Carolina went to Denver and Seattle for SNF(season opener is considered a SNF). Also, tell me what top team on TNF goes on the road against a non-.500 team?

NE-vs.Houston
Den-@SD(Manning's gone though)
Pit-@Ind(they were .500)
Cin-vs.Mia
KC-vs.Oak
Bal-vs.Cle(because Cleveland is bad and Baltimore was injured)
GB-vs.Chi
Min-vs.Dal
Sea-vs.LA
Car-vs.NO

Arizona went to SF but Arizona also had two home SNF games against Seattle and NE.

Cosell and his colleagues always work on the SNF games first, then they work on the late afternoon big games. Then TNF, then MNF. Also, they usually decide who sb winner plays, the Thanksgiving games(including the primetime one) before starting everything else.

Once they have all the primetime dates set, they run it through a computer which usually spits out thousands of different schedules.

It was the how the defense played. He was under pressure all night. How many times did he have to wiggle out of the pocket as it collapsed?

do you know who makes a difference against a defense like that? A big receiver. ODB, Green don't allow that to happen. And we don't have a good enough RB. We again started to run better when Ingram went down. But honestly, we need a elite RB to carry Brees when he "can't handle it". Brady doesn't lose this game.

On the interception, if you watch Drew as he throws it looks like the ball slipping out of his hand. It seemed like it was half throw/half push on the ball.

do you know who makes a difference against a defense like that? A big receiver. ODB, Green don't allow that to happen. And we don't have a good enough RB. We again started to run better when Ingram went down. But honestly, we need a elite RB to carry Brees when he "can't handle it". Brady doesn't lose this game.

Lmao. Brady couldnt even beat Seattle.

Brees was 35/44 (80% completion) for 285 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 interception in this game.

That's pretty darn good. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone after reading this thread.

When you don't have time in the pocket and the other team is making it a point to protect deep, then it's hard to go deep.

If there'd been another minute and a half in the game we would have won.

What I'm confused about is that the Saints didn't go to the hurry up offense more quickly.

It dang sure wasn't the elements. I attended the game and had to take my jacket off. Was room temp AF.

If Brees was so awful last night, then what they hell was MVP Cam Newton? LOL. I guess he wouldn't be good enough to be 3rd string here.

Some people have absolutely no clue.

He had one ball come out of his hands poorly out of 44 attempts and it's the end of his career. No seriously, that is the summation of the original post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom