What was up with Drew's passes tonight? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Besides the turnovers, what was up with his passes tonight? Hurt arm? Old age? The elements? I counted 5 dead ducks tonight, and 1 alone is rare, but 5? I would honestly like to know because it was concerning.

Remember Manning's last season, he didn't start the season playing poorly, but just one game a flip switched and the Old Manning was gone and in came the guy who had to have his team carry him rather than the other way around.

Should we start looking for a pattern?

That is an utterly ridiculous leap.

I would like to see how many qbs will make that pass to Fleener in the endzone that Drew completed late in the game.

drew might have gotten slightly injured last game but we will never know.

The only ball that had anything on it was the 8 yard TD pass to Fleener. We didn't even try to stretch the field today.

Besides the turnovers, what was up with his passes tonight? Hurt arm? Old age? The elements? I counted 5 dead ducks tonight, and 1 alone is rare, but 5? I would honestly like to know because it was concerning.

Remember Manning's last season, he didn't start the season playing poorly, but just one game a flip switched and the Old Manning was gone and in came the guy who had to have his team carry him rather than the other way around.

I don't know, but he did look uncomfortable back there. The line was getting pushed around a good bit and he couldn't get in any sort of rhythm. His footwork looked really off tonight. I think I'd attribute it to him just having an off night. It happens. That was his worst game of the season and it was on a Thursday night on the road.

Tough deal, but it had nothing to do with injury or age.

He had a couple of bad passes, happens it's the NFL. Even the best throw some dirtballs, ducks every now and then.

The Interception seemed like he felt the pressure got happy feet, and wasn't completely set before throwing.

2nd half he made some really nice throws.

The only ball that had anything on it was the 8 yard TD pass to Fleener. We didn't even try to stretch the field today.

That was a result of the type of Coverage Carolina was playing tonight.

They were not going to allow anything deep to go over their heads this game. They wanted everything to go underneath, and rally to the ball, forcing us to be patient.

*Some peoples lack of overall understanding of Passing, and Coverage concepts is really showing through in this thread.

We did try to stretch the field early, but Carolina took that away. Competitive game afterwards. Turnovers killed us, but we still kept it close.

We did go downfield a couple of times. Drew overthrew Fleener on 25-30yard pass and Coleman dropped what was a 20 something yard pass downfield. So he did take a couple of shots.

That said, he was not getting enough time in the pocket, which was the reason for all the dumpoffs. The Panthers front seven played a heck of a game tonight. Gotta give them credit for that.

Carolina's defensive front played like the Carolina defensive front we are used to seeing; fast, aggressive, high pressure and little pocket time. Brees didn't have much time to settle his feet on his throws in the first half and it showed. Carolina collapsed the interior while also getting edge pressure. Half-time adjustments and things looked more normal... except the whole zero sense of urgency in fourth quarter drives while down multiple scores thing.

They were not going to allow anything deep to go over their heads this game. They wanted everything to go underneath, and rally to the ball, forcing us to be patient.

*Some peoples lack of overall understanding of Passing, and Coverage concepts is really showing through in this thread.

I understand passing concepts very, very well. You cannot allow a defense to dictate how you are going to play the entire game. If you do that, then why even take the field? You have to give your athletes an opportunity to make a play!

The offense got off to a slow start for the second week in a row the game was reflective of the game last week vs the Broncos with the turnovers overs, block FG attempt and the offense sputtering with the defense carrying the team until the offense gets back in gear.

Bingo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom