What was your favorite toy as a kid? (1 Viewer)

I would challange my toy against any of yours in a fight:

Attachments

• voltron.jpg
    voltron.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 1
G.I. Joes, Hot Wheels, Ninja Turtles, Micro Machines. It's hard to have a favorite but I guess I'd go with the G.I. Joes.

3 words.

Ninja. Motherfreaking. Turtles.

Gi Joe, Transformers and He-Man rank just behind. All 4 of these were on top of my favorite list at different stages of my childhood, but I probably loved the Turtles most.

Ninja Turtles, Hot Wheels and Rc Cars...

Attachments

• hw.jpg
    hw.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • nt.jpg
    nt.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Bandit.jpg
    Bandit.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 103
The Chopperoo............ man I use to cruise everywhere on that thing

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSdPEH_7nvI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSdPEH_7nvI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The 3 3/4 inch G.I. Joe figures from the 80s were my absolute favorite. Multiple points of articulation, cool weapons, tons of vehicles and playsets. Plus if I ever got bored with some of the figures, I could take them apart, mix and match some parts, and all of a sudden, I have a new character.

Transformers and Legos

Hot Wheels were my reason for living, followed closely by Star Wars Action Figures. I had other miniature cars (Matchbox, Fast Ones) but I was kind of OCD about mixing them in with my Hot Wheels cars... Aside from those, another one of my favorite toys was a game that not many people have heard of called "I Took A Lickin' From A Chicken" where you played Tic-Tac-Toe against a plastic chicken. :covri: ... All my friends loved to play it when they came over, but the chicken never failed to win. Maybe i just had stupid friends:

Attachments

• lickchick.jpg
    lickchick.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
A burlap bag swing stuffed with other burlap bags to form a ball that hung on a rope about 40+ feet from a Live Oak limb at the farm. My sibs, cousins and friends spent hours under and in those old oaks

Oh, I'm dating myself...the Johnny West "Best of the West" toys (I hated dolls), and these:

blueribbondogs.jpg

We'd spend hours repainting those things; it's amazing that we didn't get high off of all the Testors paint we went through!

Oh, and lawn chairs with a ton of blankets to make our own forts...we didn't need any stinkin' video games to have fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom