What will Colston's injury cost him & the team? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Aside from the possible Playoff implications of course, what could Colston's injury cost him and the team? I think the Saints can win without him this week so it's probably better for the Saints to let him rest one more week & be ready for Dallas. What really sucks for us is that this game may be a deciding factor for a lot of fantasy owners who are relying on him this week. What really sucks for Colston is this 3-game injury may cost him not only ROY honors, but very possibly the recieving title and a possible Pro-Bowl bid. I know those are only individual honors and judging by his character he's much more concerned about the team making the playoffs, but I think it would be a great boost to the team morale for him to get those honors.

Last edited:
The stat part does blow, but of course we are more happy about the overall situation. Devery has stepped up real well and I have the confidence that he will continue to step up and get er done. I know you, and others, are worried about fantasy. I already yanked him until it's more possible for him to return. He may play this weekend, but I'd be ok if he didn't because I hear he is still favoring the ankle which tells me that he's no where near ready to go. Let him rest and bank on him later in the season (PLAYOFFS).

The stat part does blow, but of course we are more happy about the overall situation. Devery has stepped up real well and I have the confidence that he will continue to step up and get er done. I know you, and others, are worried about fantasy. I already yanked him until it's more possible for him to return. He may play this weekend, but I'd be ok if he didn't because I hear he is still favoring the ankle which tells me that he's no where near ready to go. Let him rest and bank on him later in the season (PLAYOFFS).

Seriously, as a Saints fan I have no problem whatsoever missing my fantasy playoffs if it means he's healthy for Dallas & beyond. In fact I'm kinda hoping he does sit as long as it doesn't end up costing us the game. I don't think it will either. But, I really do believe it would be a big boost for the team & the fans for him to get those awards. But again, I'd rather see him healthy for Dallas & the playoffs.

A Superbowl ring is the only boost that counts.

i'm not a big fantasy guy, but stat wise it hurts cause he was doing so well 54catches 849 7td's but he can still win rookie of the year he will still get 1000yrds plus recieving and maybe 70catches.

From what I've read about Colston, he would rather be in a playoff game than be ROY.

But I'd hate to see him lose it because of an injury.

wins are #1, we need to beat the 49ers since its a team we should beat.... i think Colston can sit since Horn should play and Hederson stepped up (who knew?) bigtime.... the 49ers D isnt too bad... i think we will be okay....

-shahul

You have him i fantasy too! I jumped on him during the Green Bay game, can you believe no one drafted him!

Any way, I know he doesn't care and I'm glad the Saints are winning but I feel bad for him. He was having a great statistical season.

Old habits die hard. When your team has only made one playoff appearance since 1992, it's tough to focus on anything other that statistics. W/L's is ultimately all that counts and going deep, deep, deep into the playoffs (think Superbowl). Look at NE over the past 5 seasons...focusing on the team has proven a successful formula.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom