Question What will/should Saints QB look like in 2023 and beyond based on this season’s progression? (1 Viewer)

What will/should QB look like in 2023 and beyond?

• Winston will adjust & progress into the franchise QB; hire new OC

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Select the QB of the future with the *Payton trade’s top 25 pick (A. Richardson/KJ Jefferson)

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Trade 4 1sts/3 2nds/future 3rds to select Bryce Young or CJ Stroud

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Draft QB in ‘23 2nd rd (M. Penix/D. Leary) and wait for Arch Manning in 2026

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Draft QB in 2024 1st round (Ewers/Caleb Williams/Sheduer Sanders) while JW plays outs contract

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Trade 3+ 1sts & 2 2nds for Lamar Jackson in the offseason

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Sign Jimmy Garoppolo in ‘23 as backup and bridge QB

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Trade for Tannehill or Cousins to contend until Arch Manning is drafted in 2026

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Trade a 1st and 2nd for Justin Fields in ‘23

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Outside of Jackson, the only other star vet QBs that would be upgrades and might be available are Tannehill and Cousins. That likely depends on if Tennessee and Minnesota drafts a QB in the 1st.
I don’t think either of them are upgrades from Jameis.

What's this pick from CSP that everyone is talking about? I don't see it as a current asset and I'm not sure why everyone is talking about it like it's a sure thing.

What's this pick from CSP that everyone is talking about? I don't see it as a current asset and I'm not sure why everyone is talking about it like it's a sure thing.
Uncertain since the pick isn’t officially there but seems certain that Payton isn’t sitting out two years away from coaching.

With each loss, we have leverage to negotiate $20+ mil for SP to return, as far as trade partners are concerned, but unlikely to fire Allen after a year. Two 1sts from that trade, or one 1st in 2023 and our future 1sts, can possibly move up for a Stroud and Young. Allen might not make it to 2024 without improving QB in the offseason some kind of way.

Uncertain since the pick isn’t officially there but seems certain that Payton isn’t sitting out two years away from coaching.

With each loss, we have leverage to negotiate $20+ mil for SP to return, as far as trade partners are concerned, but unlikely to fire Allen after a year. Two 1sts from that trade, or one 1st in 2023 and our future 1sts, can possibly move up for a Stroud and Young. Allen might not make it to 2024 without improving QB in the offseason some kind of way.

It's more of a counting chickens before they hatch. Yes we have the asset, but there's no trade in place so we shouldn't be counting on pick/picks until we have them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom