Question What will/should Saints QB look like in 2023 and beyond based on this season’s progression? (1 Viewer)

What will/should QB look like in 2023 and beyond?

• Winston will adjust & progress into the franchise QB; hire new OC

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Select the QB of the future with the *Payton trade’s top 25 pick (A. Richardson/KJ Jefferson)

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Trade 4 1sts/3 2nds/future 3rds to select Bryce Young or CJ Stroud

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Draft QB in ‘23 2nd rd (M. Penix/D. Leary) and wait for Arch Manning in 2026

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Draft QB in 2024 1st round (Ewers/Caleb Williams/Sheduer Sanders) while JW plays outs contract

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Trade 3+ 1sts & 2 2nds for Lamar Jackson in the offseason

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Sign Jimmy Garoppolo in ‘23 as backup and bridge QB

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Trade for Tannehill or Cousins to contend until Arch Manning is drafted in 2026

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Trade a 1st and 2nd for Justin Fields in ‘23

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No Jimmy G?
No TACOES?
ion like dis poll
Just added Jimmy G. Figured he faded out of our memory after the offseason since he’s getting older and especially after this past SF/Den performance. But maybe he could look different in this offense and make the basic throws if he has to start.

Just added Jimmy G. Figured he faded out of our memory after the offseason since he’s getting older and especially after this past SF/Den performance. But maybe he could look different in this offense and make the basic throws if he has to start.
Nah..you can leave Jimmy "Pick 8" off the pole. I know it isn't in the rulebook but the refs should've made an exception for him when he stepped out the back of the endzone then threw a pick 6...they shoud've given Denver 8 points + PAT and the ball.

Should of been addressed for the past 5 years. What franchises don't prepare for this, knowing their long time quarterback is leaving or retiring? Keep trading up for picks after picks that has been solid but not game changing. Boy if Pickett turn out great for Pittsburg, I would not know what to say.
One that wants to win now and not think about the future 🔮 It was a gamble and a worthwhile one. I really think if we escape the Minnesota game we get by Philly in a close battle and beat the Patriots. I know if we get past that Rams game we wax the Patriots for 60 minutes.

You now have 2 Superbowls in 5 years and 3 as a franchise and this situation would still be in front of us but not as painful.

Lamar Jackson. That man will follow the money. Unfortunately, we will have to back up the Brinks/Loomis/Garda truck. I only say that if Jameis isn’t here and we have little to no draft capital to select a QB early. This could all change when we get picks for SP though. I’d love to get Stroud out of OSU though.
I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that but we could of had him for nothing he fell to us. We could have kept our 1st round pick. I thought Jackson would be a bust and end up in a body cast before his first year.

Funny thing is Payton really had good things to say about him but yet we passed. I understand we were in a win now mode and defense was what we wanted especially a pass rusher. Like I said hindsight.

There are some really talented QB’s coming out of the draft in 2023 and ‘24. Hopefully the Payton pick is high enough to at least give us the option of taking one of the top prospects next year. I really will never understand Loomis throwing away the pick we originally had, beyond stupid.

Baltimore may not not want to pay him 300 mil guranteed but they're not letting him go.
Not sure they’ll have a choice. If he carries on as he is got to think they’ll either have to pay him his guaranteed money or tag and trade him. I can’t imagine he’ll go another year playing without a long term contract, especially if he’s coming off a great season.

Draft Will Levis. What was the description I heard on one program when they said there was 20+ scouts at a Kentucky game? "Big-Bodied 90s style QB like Herbert/Allen" Yep, I'll take that.

Nah..you can leave Jimmy "Pick 8" off the pole. I know it isn't in the rulebook but the refs should've made an exception for him when he stepped out the back of the endzone then threw a pick 6...they shoud've given Denver 8 points + PAT and the ball.
That man had a Pick 8 LOL. It was so bad that I was surprised Denver didn’t try to challenge or fake convince the refs on the field that the ball left his hand before he stepped out so they could get the TD portion of those 8 points lol.
Jimmy G somehow still carries a good rep with us for being the game manager that reached the SB despite never being the direct reason that his playoff teams succeeded.
I’m on board with trading for Justin Fields. He has the same potential as Jackson but hasn’t had consistent receiving options and a O-Line. His stats probably has to stay average for the rest of the year for the Bears to entertain a trade after his 2nd year. Eberflus may want his own drafted QB for his offense

Not sure they’ll have a choice. If he carries on as he is got to think they’ll either have to pay him his guaranteed money or tag and trade him. I can’t imagine he’ll go another year playing without a long term contract, especially if he’s coming off a great season.

Apparently he's said that he won't play on the tag and Baltimore is not going to pay him what he thinks he's worth. He thinks he'll get that guaranteed money that Watson got, well that contract ticked off pretty much every FO across the league so I don't see anyone getting a fully guaranteed contract like that again anytime soon.

My hope would be the Ravens can't come to terms with LJ and let him walk as a FA. Probably not likely because they do have the cap space to franchise tag/trade him in which case he probably gets the Deshaun Watson deal.

If that can't happen my feeling is we sign Jimmy G.

My preference out of the choices would be to draft a QB with the top 25 pick we don't have and I don't think we're going to get.

That man had a Pick 8 LOL. It was so bad that I was surprised Denver didn’t try to challenge or fake convince the refs on the field that the ball left his hand before he stepped out so they could get the TD portion of those 8 points lol.
Jimmy G somehow still carries a good rep with us for being the game manager that reached the SB despite never being the direct reason that his playoff teams succeeded.
I’m on board with trading for Justin Fields. He has the same potential as Jackson but hasn’t had consistent receiving options and a O-Line. His stats probably has to stay average for the rest of the year for the Bears to entertain a trade after his 2nd year. Eberflus may want his own drafted QB for his offense
Can you imagine the blowback if Winston would've done that? the dude at the stadium took off his shirt after an incompletion on 2nd down....He would've stripped naked screaming "Ion eam wanna wear these dam Saints draus" after some crap like that out of JW.

I don't know the future.
Let's wait and see who's available.
I'll answer then!!!!

NO ONE.

At least no one worth giving up on what we already have. We got is all we could truly afford to get without selling off MORE of our remaining future assets.

Use the pick from Sean.
Kid from Kentucky maybe, or Tennessee. Levis and Hooker I believe.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom