What will you be watching for tonight? (1 Viewer)

Drew to throw a TD

The OL

Defense to keep playing well

RBs to actually gain yards

Last week I wanted to see some run blocking and J.Byrd "flash". Didn't get to see it.

So I'm adding that to my list this week.

But I'm curious about how the defense will handle a top Steeler offense. And can the offense get into a groove.

If I see a Murphy fumble, I'm pulling the cord.

I expect to see more of what we've seen thus far. I think we are used to seeing a top-tier offense and a horrible defense. So far this preseason we have seen what looks to be a middle tier offense paired with a middle-tier defense. We will not be able to run the ball consistently or very effectively with our offensive line, but that is really nothing new. The passing game will regress with the decrease in Guard play, Brees aging and the downgrade at TE. I don't think the offense will be bad by any means, but I don't see it being on the level we are used to seeing from Brees and Co.
The defense looks like it has improved, no doubt. Still nowhere near a top 10 unit, but definitely better. Another key guy goes like Rankins though, and they're in trouble.

I'm realistically feeling a 8-8 to 9-7 season on the way.

Everything and everyone except Brees, Cooks, Snead, Cam, McCown, Armstead, Strief, and 1-2 more.

I'll be especially watchful of our young DB's and DL, and Grayson.

I'm thinking we should sit about 10 of our solid vets, but it wouldn't be helpful to the youngsters. They need to play alongside them a couple of quarters.

Aside from the things everyone else has mentioned I'm really looking forward to seeing Garrett Griffin. Even though he had been injured we kept him around which means we may really like his potential and if he's a competent long snapper then he may have added value over Drescher. Really curious about Young too but I don't think he'll see the field tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom